The Senior Manager, Business Intelligence, Analytics will analyze relationships and patterns within all data domains and create tools which can be leveraged to build strategies which are actionable within the business environments. Develop ways to access and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources in an efficient and effective way while providing key business insights. Deliver deep dive analytics and actionable Insights. A hands-on leader to help design our next generation, cloud enabled data analytics capabilities.
Distinguishing Characteristics of Job
- Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments
- Focuses on policy and strategy implementation for short-term results (1 year or less)
- Problems faced are difficult to moderately complex
- Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures
Manages a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation. Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution toward the achievement of results of the job function. Focus is primarily on short-term operational plans (e.g., less than 1 year). Provides measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall function results.
Typically does not have budget or P&L accountability, but may manage certain processes or projects within a defined budget set by management.
Innovation & Complexity
Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of job area.
Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem.
Problems are difficult and moderately complex. Problems typically impact multiple departments or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
Communication & Influence
Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function, which may include external customers or vendors depending upon the job function.
Explains policies, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization. May work to justify and gain cooperation of other parties on practices, policies and procedures. Sometimes requires ability to influence others outside of own job area on policies, practices and procedures.
Leadership & Talent Management
Manages a small to mid-sized team consisting of experienced professionals. Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
Typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with manager review and approval.
The Senior Manager BI Analytics manages the development and delivery of Business Intelligence IT solutions that support the vision and strategy of the Company's strategic business plan. Manages resources while ensuring the development and delivery of high-quality technology solutions for the business and its customers.
Lead entire development lifecycle for a variety of Business Intelligence solutions using a variety of data integration, processing, reporting/visualization, and AI methods.
Lead architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications.
Collaborate and partner with business leads, data scientists, product owners, enterprise architects and other functional leads to deliver world class data and analytic solutions.
Deploy a rapid prototyping methodology as well as traditional data modeling and datamart development.
Promotes and implements self-service analytic tools to end users, documenting and training accordingly.
Participates in end user adoption efforts to ensure active and effective utilization of the business intelligence solution by the business.
Analyze relationships and patterns within customer data, and create tools which can be leveraged to build strategies which are actionable within the business environments.
Deliver deep dive analytics and actionable Insights. Define and implement reporting solutions to meet business information needs.
Manages vendor relationships to maximize value to the business. Negotiates simple contracts.
Implements standards and changes to systems/applications. Provides technical and business expertise.
Manages a technical staff with a focus on technical leadership, technical strategy and mentorship.
Ensures adherence to applications security procedures, change control guidelines and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills and sophisticated communication skills across different audiences and seniority levels.
- Strong foundation in Enterprise Data Ecosystem technologies with hands on experience implementing scalable data ingestion, storage, processing and publication solutions
- Broad understanding of multiple technologies, Microsoft SQL Server, ETL (Informatica, SSIS), Reporting (SSRS, Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects).
- Hands on experience with public and private cloud capabilities including compute, storage, database and APIs – experience in Azure cloud platform required
- Possesses comprehensive business & technical knowledge, and the organizational skills to oversee highly complex projects with high visibility / high impact on the business
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, thoroughness and quality toward assigned tasks/goals
- Experience in system design as well as providing guidance on all aspects of SDLC, project management and Change Management across methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent time and project management skills, across multiple concurrent initiatives with strong track record of delivery, on time and on budget.
- Uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies
- Expertise in designing and building applications for scalability and redundancy and with global considerations and scalability in mind.
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s in Analytics or Information Systems preferred.
- 10+ years or more experience, in data and analytics architecture and implementation.