The Product Management Coordinator assists Product Managers with collecting and distributing product information across the company. This role is responsible for the extraction and input of product specifications, set-up data, and pricing information between various operational databases. The individual in this role will successfully manage and track deliverables such as updated content and sales samples, as well as assist in the creation of training and sales presentations.
This position reports to the Lead Product Manager and will support all Product Managers on a regular basis while interacting with sales, fulfillment, supply chain, and marketing staff. This position works cooperatively with others.
• Participates in major marketing projects and product launches from concept through completion, interfacing with business partners, stakeholders, internal teams and external agencies.
• Administers and enters product projects into internal management system. Guides projects through system to completion. Trains others as need on system.
• Responsible for tracking, generating, delivering and summarizing reports and data for management to assess individual projects and campaigns.
• Participate in cross-functional teams to deliver high quality solutions; status emails to pertinent team members and schedule meetings to resolve potential roadblocks related to product launch
• Initiate and maintain relationships with project stakeholders including team members, peers, managers, customers, vendors, and other affected departments to coordinate efforts across multiple business units.
• Ensure continuous efficient management of projects; gathers input and feedback.
• Creates standardized operating procedures and processes related to product initiatives ensuring that all process steps are tracked and executed. Analyzes, records, maps and recommends improvements to business processes.
• Act as an interface between marketing and product management teams. Communicates timing for new and end-of-life products.
• Communicates issues, conflicts and delays on projects and product launches to management and leadership. Anticipates and navigates risks and elevates challenges when necessary.
• Work diplomatically and effectively across cross-functional teams.
• Attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Performing all other duties as assigned.
• Four-year college degree in Marketing or similar discipline preferred.
• Minimum of two years of prior administrative support experience required
• Preference given to candidates with prior coordination and support experience coming from a related industry.
• Demonstrate a strong foundation in a variety of product management concepts, practices and procedures.
• Strong strategic, analytical and organization skills.
• Comfortable in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Exercises good judgement.
• Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills that produce desired results.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers which includes coworkers, managers, customers, regulatory agencies and vendors.
• Capable of reading and interpreting information, such as reports, general correspondence and policy guidelines, with the ability to share with others as needed.
• Ability to use a computer and standard business and other work-related software with minimal instruction.
• Excellent active listening, decision-making, team building and customer service abilities.
• Ability to work and prioritize independently with the capacity to collaborate with others.
• Excellent time and organizational abilities with the ability to seek assistance in a professional manner.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
• Capable of demonstrating an understanding of, and being sensitive to, serving a culturally diverse customer base.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and apply newly acquired feedback, skills, and knowledge.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with professional ethics and standards.
• Ability to learn and apply new competencies and information as to enhance individual job performance and make recommendations to the department.
• Strong sense of urgency, accuracy, and follow through.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member; self-motivating
• Proficient in Salesforce, Salsify, and Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
• Flexible, organized, personable; professional attire required.