Remote in the US
Business Systems Analyst, Financial Retail Applications
We are seeking a motivated and talented Business Systems Analyst to join our Global Technology team. In this role you will be reporting to the Senior Technical Program Manager on the Global Technology team and will be part of the core team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the financial platforms for Owned Retail and related technologies. The role will work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet the business’s requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. To be successful in this role you must be comfortable wearing many hats and learning on the job! Technical experience and strong communication skills are also a must. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of best-of-class technologies and help accelerate the growth of our Owned Retail platforms.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Collaborate with Business Leaders and Technical teams to design solutions within the Owned Retail financial platforms and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
- Analyze functional and non-functional business requirements to create technical designs, data models, use cases, supportive analytics, gap analysis, project impact estimations, and deliver efficient enterprise application solutions for both standard and custom configurations
- Lead and manage the project from the discovery requirement phase until User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and go-live
- Assist with QA process to verify functional components match up to the expected outcome
- Establish and maintain productive and respectful relationships with other internal business and technology teams.
- Contribute to process documentation and training materials of new features, customized implementations and existing features
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed business systems and processes to implement improvements and opportunities that meet business unit objectives in large to enterprise-wide processes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Experience with agile methodologies within JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Technical Writing for ticket creation among development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; technical writing experience is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to learn from teammates, analyze past projects and advise Leadership on how our systems can be improved using reusable or new technical solutions
- Confidence in debugging and solutioning challenges during complex implementations
- Strong self-initiative, interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to quickly synthesize new ideas and concepts
- An ability to gauge your audience and adjust your communication style to work effectively with all types of personalities
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst supporting Finance for a high growth technology company
WAYS TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Self-starter that sees problems, potential solutions, and is not afraid to step in and start working.
- Experience analyzing data and creating reports with database query experience, statistical and quantitative modeling (SQL & Tableau a plus)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- You are a passionate perfectionist with an ever positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to continue learning new skills
- Experience with ERP systems like Oracle a plus
- Experience with Change Management to create plans that result in greater acceptance and adoption of new systems and processes
- You'll be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys a challenge and celebrates success.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $15.00 - $115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.