Quality Assurance Lead
Responsible for leading test efforts and test resources, including large complex QA projects/programs (multiple sub-projects) across functional areas or multiple systems. Works closely and collaboratively with IT and Business Teams, internal and vendor resources to ensure that projects are delivered with quality by adhering to standards, processes and procedures and applying industry best practices where appropriate. Coach and mentor other QA resources, and provide workload management support. Drives and implements opportunities to uplift QA capability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Collaborate directly with Capability Managers, Project Managers across various functional areas to gather information on scope for projects in pipeline and forecast/estimate for these projects
• Resource planning for upcoming project demands
• Work with appropriate vendors to acquire testing resources
• Participate in Requirement walkthrough and design review sessions
• Actively contribute to estimation and planning, risk assessment, contingency planning, tracking and management of progress, issues, risk, and resources.
• Ensure test process, methodologies and tools are applied appropriately and that test phase entry/exit criteria are agreed to by stakeholders and applied by the test team.
• Define Project Test Strategy, Test plans and gain approval from stakeholders for the same
• Work with business/UAT team to define test scenarios/test cases, execute test cases and update test results
• Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
• Ensure all sign offs on deliverable s (overall test strategy, test plan, test cases, etc.) and that testing meets governance requirements.
• Collect and report quality metrics report of testing activities such as testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance-baselines etc.
• Presentation of metrics dashboard at the end of a phase or at the completion of project.
• Identify opportunities for automation of test projects and provide recommendations for the same
• Lead and mentor fellow QA Analysts regarding testing best practices and processes
• Written Communication - Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
• Problem Solving - Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving problems including ability to utilize various system utilities, networking, and verification tools to pinpoint abnormal behaviors.
• Verbal Communication - Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style, and structure.
• Application Testing (Web testing, Functional and Performance testing)- Ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality at all stages of application development.
• Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities. Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
• Standards, procedures, policies - Understanding of and ability to use and administer the organization's policies, practices, standards, and procedures.
• Quality Management - Knowledge of quality management methods, tools and techniques used to create and support an environment that meets the needs of the organization.
• Project Management - Knowledge of and experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring, and controlling projects.
• Application Delivery Process - Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies, and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
• SDLC/Methodologies –Knowledge of overall functions of SDLC, experience with Waterfall, Agile, Iterative methodology
• Onsite/Offshore Model – Experience working in onsite/offshore model and understanding of challenges and complexities in the model
• Testing Best Practices – Should have knowledge about testing best practices
• Knowledge of or working experience with various areas of insurance domain
• Experience in agile methodology
• Certified System Test Professional (CSTP) and Certified Test Manager (CTM)
• Experience in HP Quality Center, QTP, IBM Rational toolset and Loadrunner
• Experience in functional automation testing
8-10 years of experience in software application development/testing areas
• BS/BA degree in computer science, related discipline, or experience equivalent.