- Launch new features within and maintain a high-performing, new, Roku application
- Translates user requirements into software design, creates architectural specifications, and ensures feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms
- Delivers documentation and diagrams that translate complex technical problems into digestible visualizations/write-ups
- Works closely with cross-platform architects to maintain and drive a unified architectural vision
- Reviews business requirements, identifies risks, and provides estimates
- Establishes and implements development best practices
- Designs and assists with the implementation of a CI/CD that enables rapid and on-demand delivery
- Direct experience on the Roku platform writing in Brightscript and using Scenegraph - HUGE PLUS!
- UI experience designing or configuring software applications.
- Experience working as a front-end/UI engineer within the video or streaming space, and/or working with Connected TV devices like Roku, SamsungTV, LGTV, FireTV, Xbox, etc. (Keywords: DAI, DRM, streaming, video, player, connected devices)
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $15.00 - $115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.