We offer the most-trusted app building platform for anyone looking for a better way to work. We give businesspeople and IT experts the ability to easily build and integrate apps to track, manage, and automate processes in days, not weeks. Our customers make lasting and substantial improvements to their business using our bullet-proof cloud-based technology — and they love getting the industry’s best customer experience every step of the way.
As an API engineer with us, your mission will be to build and maintain scalable, robust platform SDKs, connectors, microservices and integrations used by our citizen developers and internal implementation engineers. You will champion our .com and deliver new features and updates to the software offerings and API documentation.
- Partner in a highly-collaborative environment across product, engineering, and implementation teams to define, design, develop, test, analyze, and deploy software used to integrate with the our Platform.
- Develop and maintain our public API, SDKs, and integration platform connectors with supporting published documentation.
- Manage marketplace lifecycle for SDKs and integrations in well-known services such as Node Package Manager, Python Package Index, Workato, Zapier, Mulesoft, Boomi, etc.
- Support our Implementation Engineers as they use your software to build complex integrations and use cases for customers.
- Leverage knowledge of best coding practices and design patterns to write elegant and readable code.
- Communicate technical or architectural designs verbally and in writing for both internal and external audiences.
- Seek opportunities to regularly identify code refactors and performance optimizations and champion initiatives to completion within the team.
- 2+ years of professional experience building APIs or platform/SDK/developer tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Preferred - Novice experience in Java/Groovy, Python, Swift, Kotlin, or other compiled languages
- Advanced beginner experience writing interactive API documentation in Swagger or similar technology.
- Experience and knowledge with the challenges of building data-intensive, highly responsive, and fault-tolerant software.
- Advanced beginner communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical problems and regularly achieve consensus with peers
- Novice experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Experience integrating and developing CI/CD systems as a key aspect of the software development lifecycle
- Preferred - Advanced beginner experience using MySQL, Oracle, or other RDBMS
- Advanced beginner experience working in a highly-iterative software development process
- Advanced beginner skills in self-motivation, self-management, and self-organization
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience developing in Java technologies (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JMS, Spring MVC, Spring Security)
- Driven large-scale initiatives that span multiple projects, teams, or groups of engineers.
- Recognize, validate, and evangelize technologies and architectures that align with business objectives.
- Professional experience working in an enterprise or SaaS environment
- Experience contributing significant features, enhancements or bug fixes including unit tests without guidance and without causing regressions
- Understanding of application security threats and remediation techniques
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $100,000-$120,000(salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.