Remote for now, and onsite 2 days a week in San Francisco, CA.
Ability to read a spec and write out plan, then automate.
This role will be 60% Manual Testing and 40% Automation - hybrid (Test Cafe used internally for automation) open to other automation tools.
We pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to help transportation professionals and data analysts measure, analyze and improve transportation. Applying proprietary machine-learning algorithms to location data from mobile phones, vehicle navigation devices and IoT, our company sheds light on travel patterns and makes them available on-demand via the world’s first SaaS platform for mobility. From measuring traffic volumes to optimizing new infrastructure to planning for autonomous vehicles, we power more than 10,000 projects every month.
Are you interested in Big Data, transportation, or urban planning and looking for a place to put that interest to work in the tech industry? We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our team. This person will work to ensure that our web application is of high quality, and that it meets the needs of our clients who are working to solve transportation problems.
· Ensure that new releases of the web application are of very high quality.
· Create and execute test plans for new features, comprising manual and automated test cases.
· Develop new, and maintain existing QA automation test suites.
· Do bug regression, and run sanity tests at the end of a release, as necessary.
· Work collaboratively with Development, Product Management and Sales to make the app as useful and beneficial to our clients as possible.
Skill and Qualifications
· Passion for creating high-quality products.
· BS/MS in Computer Science preferred
· 8+ years experience in a QA role at an enterprise SaaS application company. Flexible on experience, however this is a Sr. role.
· 3+ years experience with QA automation tools, such as Selenium, Protractor, and/or TestCafe. Flexible on this experience.
· 3+ years experience with using SQL/RDBMS is preferred
· Ability to learn new features quickly, understand the user’s point of view and create complete test cases.
· Good communication skills, and ability to collaborate with Development and QA team members.
· Strong sense of quality and task ownership.
· Strong detail orientation.
· Experience with geospatial data is a plus