Remote in US
Looking for more eComm than Digital experience. Someone who can grow a team, strategize, execute and has experience managing an agency relationship.
This Head of E-Commerce position plays a pivotal role introducing the brand to a new generation of renewable energy users through a breakthrough digital and e-commerce sales experience. This new e-commerce site is being developed in collaboration with a premier digital agency (AKQA) and will completely replace the .com website and digital experience online today. This role will oversee that digital and e-commerce overhaul, set the brand’s e-commerce and digital vision, manage the agency collaboration, build an e-commerce team to execute the strategy, drive rapid sales growth online, and build an executional roadmap for the evolution of this crucial digital sales channel over time.
This role requires the strategic vision to re-shape how an industry goes to market online, the entrepreneurial passion to build a new revenue channel from scratch, the drive to dramatically increase sales growth over time, the agility to iterate and evolve with learning, and the leadership to build a team hungry to win.
This new role is an important position on the Marketing Leadership Team and will work with that team to establish a marketing culture of consumer obsession, brand focus, content creativity, entrepreneurial agility, digital acumen, product simplification, and collaborative leadership. It will report to the SVP of Marketing.
Our marketing team primarily works remotely, so this position can be located anywhere within the United States. Occasional travel will be required for in-person meetings in the Lehi, UT, office and the San Francisco, CA, office. Here we are passionately committed to our mission. We also nurture a collaborative and inclusive culture that welcomes diverse backgrounds and perspectives. The company provides generous compensation and benefits, including medical plans, 401k match, stock purchase plan, maternity and paternity leave, employee discounts, flexible schedules, flexible vacation, and much more.
The energy revolution is well underway. And our planet needs it now more than ever. Join us in the journey as we lead a crucial movement toward a planet powered by the sun.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set the e-commerce and digital marketing strategic vision for our company
- Launch, test, and optimize an e-commerce experience to sell our products & services
- Grow e-commerce sales into a leading revenue channel for the company
- Manage the agency relationship with AKQA for e-commerce
- Collaborate with the Technology org to establish shared vision for e-commerce and ensure scalable technology solutions and processes.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a growing team
- Oversee the management, content, SEO, CRO, and optimization of our site
- Oversee the digital paid advertising team and their lead generation campaigns
- Oversee email and SMS marketing campaigns
- Oversee the full funnel (paid + organic) traffic and conversion cycle online
- Collect and synthesize consumer insights from digital interactions that provide insightful direction for the brand
- Coordinate with product development and product marketing teams to optimize the product portfolio offered for online sales
- Oversee digital analytics reporting and digital attribution modeling
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- Bias for action, speed, agility, and a “Lean Startup” iterative approach
- Entrepreneurial drive to build a thriving e-commerce sales engine
- Passion for learning and development to evolve skills in a rapidly changing market
- Significant direct-to-consumer e-commerce leadership experience
- A keen strategic vision for how to build a robust e-commerce ecosystem
- Expertise selling more complex products and services online that require education
- Track record of growing online sales through a full-funnel e-commerce sales engine
- Entrepreneurial drive to drive marketplace disruption with and e-commerce model
- Deep experience working with technology partners for digital transformation
- Superior leadership leading and influencing cross functional teams
- Expertise leading and developing a team and recruiting top talent
- Regular experience hiring and managing external digital agencies
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen, and budget management
- Excellent presentation and influence skills with senior management