Network Security Engineer
Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning (Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet, etc...)
Configure firewall interfaces, network configurations, access control lists and policies, routing, remote access (VPN) and next-generation firewall feature sets implementing best practices
Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning
Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- The Senior Network Security Engineer will be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing network security policies and compliance requirements.
- The role is expected to contribute to documentation and adhere to SLA targets and requirements.
- The daily duties include hands-on troubleshooting, interfacing with clients and associates as needed to resolve complex cases, maintaining and patching managed security platforms.
Specific installation tasks could include:
- Physically install and connect firewalls and other security appliances
- Install latest vendor-approved stable OS on appliances
- Create virtual firewalls with appropriate configurations and policies
- Configure remote access VPN functionality
- Configure site-to-site VPN functionality
- Configure firewall interfaces, network configurations, access control lists and policies, routing, remote access (VPN) and next-generation firewall feature sets implementing best practices
- Integrate firewall with Forti Manager, Forti Analyzer, Forti Authenticator and other Fortinet products as required
- Configure high availability
- Configure SIEM Integration
Provide direct technical support including:
Job Skills Required:
- Basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
- Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer network information
- Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
- Additionally, similar expertise and experience with the Palo Alto suite of products and Pulse Secure access is highly desired.
- Experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Previous Managed Security Service (MSS) experience, supporting security products is desirable.
- Strong English skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
- Fortinet NSE4 and higher certifications strongly desired
- Palo Alto
- Broader security certifications a plus