*upon offer, candidates must complete background check and drug test*
A Program Manager and IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a senior-level, strategic IT partner who shares ownership of both business strategy and business value results. The Program Manager/BRM owns executive-level relationships and serves as a single point of focus, working to converge Information Technology in support, specifically, This is achieved by stimulating, surfacing, and shaping demand for capabilities and assets, in addition to ensuring that the potential business value from those capabilities and assets are captured, optimized, and recognized.
The Program Manager/BRM shapes business demand into supply by 1) partnering with appropriate resources to facilitate the creation of idea documents, business cases, and value plans; 2) ensuring value optimization and communication; and 3) enabling continuous improvement in all areas and people around them.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Strategic Partnering and Strategy
• Partner with business leaders to articulate their function's needs and requirements that will advance business performance.
• Partner with business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
• Think strategically by identifying business function opportunities and the best-suited position for the function's adoption within the business partner organization. Measure adoption and work with business leadership to develop future roadmap and opportunities.
• Identify and integrate business partners' long-range plans into business capability roadmaps and priorities, as appropriate. Brief stakeholders on business partner plans.
• Build and manage the relationship team to ensure convergence and strategic partnering with the business partner team.
• Be creative and innovative with regards to your knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances as they relate to new opportunities and business needs.
• Share ownership of the BRM's functional operating and project/program budget at a business unit level and perform accurate budgeting and forecasting across operations and projects or programs.
Partnership and Delivery
• Lead as the strategic interface between Global IT and business partner to stimulate, surface, and shape business demand and ensure that the potential business value from those assets and capabilities is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized.
• Develop a deep knowledge of the business partner’s business (e.g., quality in a regulated environment) and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
• Ensure business value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value.
• Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication. This includes managing escalation and avoiding risk.
• Measure and communicate business value realized with the business partner on a periodic basis.
• Assist in developing the program and policies
• Produce and maintain appropriate communications to all stakeholders regarding program progress.
• Assist in identifying and scheduling deliverables, milestones and required tasks
• Assign responsibilities and scope of authority to project/technical personnel
• Coordinate to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
• Responsible for compliance to all corporate policies
• Partner with architecture representatives to ensure we leverage approved technologies and solutions
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 15 years of IT experience with 10+ years of managerial experience (people and/or program management);
• 5+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives
• Relationship-building. Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams
• Strategic thinker. Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
• Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience
• Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
• Ability to focus on business value results, rather than solutions. Technical aptitude, requirements management, and the ability to assess and articulate risk variables
• Proven track record delivering exceptional IT results/outcomes, leveraging SDLC