Working under general supervision, performs specialized level software project activities in such areas as Development, Tools, Test, Requirements and/or related areas. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, analyzing requirements, planning and scheduling data, updating and maintaining different software specifications based on analysis of specifications, needs and improvements, as well as troubleshooting, debugging, and maintaining of software, test, or tool designs, cases, scripts, procedures, and/or code based on strategic analysis. Work requires the application of theoretical engineering principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of specialized study. Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems in a creative manner unique to each study. Exercises level appropriate technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinating engineering work.
• As a Development Engineer, may perform the following duties for an assigned area: Working from requirement specifications, develops, maintains, and updates detailed design and interface specifications; Participates in and supports the implementation, development, enhancements, and modifications to software source code, scripts, and procedures; Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development; and Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components. Writes, updates, or executes test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results.
• As a Requirements Engineer, may perform the following duties for an assigned area: Writes, updates, and maintains requirement and interface specifications; Contributes to and supports gathering, analyzing, and validating requirements; Contributes to and supports writing, updating, developing and maintaining Hazard/Risk analysis specifications; and Contributes to and supports root-cause analysis of failures.
• As a Test Engineer, may perform the following duties for an assigned area: Working from requirement specifications, develops, maintains, and updates test requirements and design; Supports implementation, enhancements, and modifications to test cases, procedures, scripts, and code; Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems and offers strategic advice regarding identified issues for future development; and Identifies parameters, structure, and critical test components. Writes, updates, or executes test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results.
• Presents at design reviews; documents and resolves issues as directed.
• Contributes to and supports reviews held by other engineers on related projects and provide useful feedback.
• Contributes to and supports a variety of test phase efforts.
• May write and update requirement specifications for an assigned area.
• Reviews project deliverables such as specifications, code, and test/tool procedures for feasibility, thoroughness, clarity, correctness, and accuracy.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelors Degree years (Engineering discipline, computer science, related engineering field) or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5-10 years of related experience.
- Experience with visual modeling, graphical user interfaces, multi-threading, networking, relational databases, formal software development methodologies, and source code management is recommended. Experience with unit- and integration-level testing and automated testing is recommended.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with microprocessor emulators is recommended.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio is recommended.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred. Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment. Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects. Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization. Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner. Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.