POSITION OVERVIEW: This OCM Lead will be assigned to 1-2 Capability pillars (likely “Enable” and “Deliver”) to provide OCM for those pillar’s MBO projects that have significant end user impact. Scope for that work includes partnering with Capability Lead and other teams to develop the OCM strategy, stakeholder analysis, communication plan, and then drive execution of OCM tactics to deliver on those strategies. This OCM Lead will support several smaller projects as opposed to one large, enterprise project like Office 365. (60%). This person in this role will also be responsible for content strategy and copy writing/editing expertise to support their projects, offer guidance to others on the team, and be responsible for SharePoint site updates. (40%). The candidates need to be able to balance strategy and execution and are responsible for actually driving the work forward, not just setting the strategy.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Plan, develop and implement strategic change management, including stakeholder engagement and internal communications, to support and promote adoption of small-medium sized technology projects with significant end-user (employee and contractor) impact.
LOCATION: Yes, 100% remotely due to Covid. Post-Covid, prefer someone who could come in, but would consider 100% remote for the right candidate.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: 2 - 4+ years experience leading small-medium organizational change management initiatives with a focus on communications strategy and execution at a large, complex organization. Process-minded, detail oriented with communications materials development.
• Demonstrated, successful experience leading Organizational Change Management initiatives in complex environments and delivering significant business results
• Prosci-certified and/or 2-4+ years OCM experience at large, complex organization
• Proven ability and interest in setting content strategy with hands-on ability to develop communications and learning artifacts. Ability to create end-user content for SharePoint sites.
• Proven record of successfully managing and delivering significant business changes, with particular knowledge of change practices.
• Content Strategy experience & Content Performance metrics experience
• Hands-on experience with copywriting/editing with high level of attention to detail
• Experience in internal communications
• Ability to work on a team and independently (proactive, self-starter)
• Accountable & action-oriented
• Entrepreneurially-minded (can see where there are opportunities and take initiative)
Solid mix of OCM strategy and execution skills (that includes strong content planning and delivery), comfortable working in a large, complex organization.
The OCM team has five team members from inside and outside the org (consultants).
a. Would like to start ASAP.
b. How many rounds? Probably 2.
c. Video vs. phone? Video
d. How technical will the interviews be? Would be largely demonstrative in this case – tell me about a time when you implemented something like this in an organization like ours.
• Responsible for the delivery of Organizational Change Management to increase the understanding and adoption of key technology capabilities and platforms with users across company.
• Drive and analyze stakeholder needs, implement strategic communications and change tactics.
• Gathers input and defines solutions for complex change management and communication needs, both internal and external to the IT organization.
• Design, develop and deliver successful change plans, tactics and communication mechanisms, messages, channels, systems, materials and tools to address audience needs and expected impacts.
• Builds business relationships with key Business and Project/Program stakeholders
• Defines change management metrics and reporting to assess the impact of change management activities and to assess Office 365 adoption.
• Change Management Plan & Tactics – design, develop, and implement Change Plans designed to address organizational change impacts; drive identification of stakeholders/audiences and needs (on internal, external and individual project basis) designed to help minimize the impact to the Business.
Plans will include:
• Sponsor Plan based on Sponsor Model/ Stakeholder Map
• Stakeholder Engagement Plan including Sponsor and Project Team coaching regarding change management
• Change/ Impact Action Plan based on Change Impact Assessments
• Communications Plan (including status, end user, manager and sponsor communications) to ensure communications alignment with project objectives and business unit / geography priorities. Develop communications channels and messages, routine and specialized communications efforts, may work with site change leads for optimization.
This will include:
• Engaging program, site leadership, site and functional team resources to develop approach and deliverables
• Design and implement strategy and plans. Failure to meet deliverables would adversely affect project plans, business operations, customer, vendor, and employee relations.
• Evaluate effectiveness of efforts and develop templates and process standards that embody best practices. Create feedback mechanisms for continual process and deliverables improvement.
• Develops relationship and serves as a liaison between Business Stakeholders and users Global IT programs/projects.
YEARS OF EXPIERIENCE:
• 2+ years of Organizational Change Management experience for technical initiatives
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Extensive experience in change management and communication methodology, with proven result (i.e. PROSCI)
• General knowledge of IT systems with an emphasis on enterprise software upgrades and roll outs (ideally Office 365)
• Demonstrated influence management skills, decision making abilities and problem resolution skills
• Demonstrated balance of strategic and detailed tactical thought processes
• Proven project management experience across a broad or complex organization
• Proven record of successfully managing and delivering significant business changes, with particular knowledge of change practices
• Experience working globally with diverse cultural and language groups, and across business functions
• Proven ability to work with all levels of an organization, with excellent downward, lateral and upward written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership in problem analysis and solution recommendation capabilities
• Very strong presentation, written and oral communication skills
• Extremely comfortable with interpersonal and influence management skills
• Ability to understand and explain end-audience needs and requirements