Product Experience & Design Specialist
Projects the candidate will be working on:
Product Experience and Design (PXD) requires a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, entrepreneurial zeal, and elite production and execution.
Working as PXD Specialist means youll be part of a team of highly skilled individuals to tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical prototyping to telling the project story to the client. You will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to create and deliver market leading offerings for clients across the continuum of care.
As a Specialist of Product Experience & Design, you will be helping people live healthier lives when you bring your expertise, passion, energy, focus and all-in approach to work every day. This is the place where you can do your life's best work.
IDEAL candidate background: We need candidates with digital UI production experience. Mobile, desktop/responsive, working with design systems and component creation. Healthcare experience is nice, but not a must-have. Ideally their portfolio and experience includes real-world work examples. I dont want all school projects and personal exploration projects. They need at least some experience working for real clients.
What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Prototyping and front-end dev experience would set them apart from candidates without that ability/experience.
- Create new consumer experiences focused on patients, providers, payers, and others across the health care ecosystem.
- Design new approaches that enhance and extend the consumer experiences.
- Gather consumer and end-user requirements through in person interviews and secondary research.
- Help clients empathize with users by creating deliverables that tell a compelling story.
- Serve as a subject matter contributor in the area of product design, user experience, and user interface and interaction design.
- Use data, including key performance indicators, market research, and testing methods, to identify ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience
- Create functional prototypes and designs of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine the design direction for delivery.
- Work alongside and collaboratively with development teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our approach to delivery.
- Be a mentor to junior designers by reviewing work performed and providing constructive feedback and support.
- 3-5 years of product design and/or user experience and design
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Centered Design processes
- Bachelors degree in Design with a concentration in communication, customer experience, or user experience
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your level of skill for the following: mobile application, responsive web, scalable platform, and consumer-facing portal designs.
Specific Skills Required:
- Defining Value Propositions
- Ethnographic Research and Synthesis
- Persona Development
- Journey Mapping
- User Experience
- Interface Design
- Rapid Prototyping
- Front-end Development
- A variety of graphic design and interactive tools including
- InVision, Axure RP, or a similar prototyping tool
- React JS
- Comfort with clients, working as a collaborator and advisor, and the ability to confidently and credibly share your point of view and expertise.
- Working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfort collaborating with multidisciplinary design teams in a non-hierarchical organization.
- The ability to synthesize multiple, and sometimes conflicting, inputs (data, qualitative feedback, hypothesis, etc.) into a common point of view.
- The ability to be coached, be adaptable and be collaborative
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills