GENERAL JOB FUNCTION
The ETL Developer is responsible for providing expertise in the design, implementation and maintenance of the data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation, and load data functions. Establish operational processes that maintain the standards and procedures for platform validation and data integrity through the data lifecycle. Collaborate with stakeholders to collect data requirements, designs and builds data models and business intelligence reporting using legacy ETL commands and dynamic SQL with structured and unstructured database designs for data use in reporting and analytics. Engage with Information Services team to perform technology upgrades, set up file transfers, perform code management, and job scheduling. Maintain and ensure up to date reporting functionality for business purposes. Provide detailed analysis from trusted data that empowers users, including colleagues, business partners and customers to make educated decisions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage ETL programs to facilitate the receipt of data from various data sources, loading of data into destination tables within the overall data architecture framework, designing end-to-end solutions for file creation and distribution, supporting ETL production processes and operations.
- Manage end-to-end data management including, data integration, modeling and reporting.
- Maintain daily ETL processes, development and implementation of Microsoft SQLSERVER 2016 using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and T-SQL using DDL, DML, and DCL commands.
- Perform performance tuning T-SQL (DDL and DML) queries to improve the database performance and availability.
- Program and develop SQL scripts, tables, views, stored procedures, functions, constraints, etc.
- Use SSIS (Integration Services) to move data into databases from various sources, executing data cleansing and transformations as needed.
- Execute professional customer service in responding to data issues, escalating data team members or leader, as appropriate.
- Participate in review of potential technical architectures and solutions to improve and enhance existing systems, processes, and data services.
- Provide backup coverage and participate in an on call rotation for after-hours IS support
Analyze the business requirements for data file requests to design, develop, maintain and deploy fully automated ETL jobs to produce data files using SSIS and the SSRS platform.
- Resolve SQL reporting services and T-SQL related issues.
- Use visual studio to develop ETL packages for enterprise data warehouse. 3. Design and automate data quality and data validation functions as part of the overall solution.
- Create all types of reports such as cross-tab, conditional, drill-down, top N, summary, form, OLAP and sub reports.
- Deploy reports using SSRS with relational and multidimensional data.
Professional presentations and discussions with customers and stakeholders to understand and translate business use cases and requirements into data models, data integration routines, and analytics report findings.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of report findings in alignment with operational objectives.
- Collaborate within the IS department to execute report writing and data mining.
- Create and deliver effective presentations to leadership and non-technical team members.
- Ensure communication of report findings is understood by team members.
- Clearly define appropriate report findings to relevant audiences.
Influence end user competency by supporting systematic process delivery tools and resources ensuring the development and maintenance of information services documentation.
- Identify, propose and/or participate in development of process improvements for the data team driving consistency in documentation of knowledge base articles, workflow and network diagrams.
- Create and revise new and existing standard operating procedures, policies, guidance documents and work instructions, collaborating as needed.
- Remain current on industry and technology trends. Collaborate, review and recommend organizational best use of resources and technology.
- Support quality and consistency, engaging in root cause analysis, follow through, and timely documentation of all non-conformance and compliance reports.
- Participate, collaborate and engage in ensuring successful internal, customer or regulatory audits.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to 4 years of computer science or software engineering responsibilities.
- Requires 2 years of experience with SQL scripting (merge, joins, and stored procedures) and best practices.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and performance tuning SQL and T-SQL
- Prefer previous experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, BI360, Sisense, or PowerBI) or Report Builder.
- Prefer experience with both Microsoft Analysis Services and tabular model (SSAS).
- Proven effective at establishing rapport and working relationships with peers, customers and vendors.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven self-directed, motivated contributor with a strong initiative and ability to function autonomously, establish priorities and collaborate effectively with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit a high degree of quality, integrity, and honor confidentiality of appropriate information including, but not limited to, personal team member data, organizational operations or work processes, donor and donor family information, contributor details, any financial information and medical or protected health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven skilled and competent in using technology-based tools such as personal computers and related software, mobile devices and electronic medical record systems as appropriate for position.