We are looking for a strong Product Owner to lead several initiatives to combat the spread of COVID-19. We’re looking for someone who excels at leading cross-functional teams using data-driven decision making, human-centered design, agile methodologies, and modern practices.
We are looking for you if you …
- Have shipped important products.
- Can clearly articulate a compelling product vision.
- Are as comfortable mocking up new ideas and writing user stories as you are demoing in front of an audience.
- Are excited by the prospect of enriching the lives of your fellow Coloradans.
- Are committed to improving government services by focusing on the people who need them most.
Background on COVID Technology:
As part of the COVID Testing and Containment initiative, the COVIDtech team identifies and addresses opportunities for technology to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the client’s efforts to detect, measure, and contain the spread of COVID-19. Our projects include partnerships with Google and Apple for an Exposure Notification mobile application, a new case investigation and contract tracing system (which assists the case workers in sharing information and workload), information management solutions for remote community testing sites, and enhancements to the existing systems for lab testing and disease detection and containment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary job responsibility: Product Strategy and Development, 75%
- Lead end-to-end product management to enable the delivery of modern services that meet the needs of users.
- Establish the environment necessary to operate as a high-performing, cross-functional team in partnership with stakeholders and vendors.
- Develop and communicate the vision, strategy, and product roadmap.
- Lead end-to-end agile product development with a growth mindset.
- Communicate and collaborate with partners throughout to ensure we are enabling their long-term success, managing requirements, and setting expectations.
- Support team members by helping them clear any challenges they may encounter.
- Help build a cohesive team culture of alignment, trust, empowerment, and collective investment in the success of your products.
- Serve as the interface between us and any outside vendors.
- Drive open communication regarding the project with the public.
Primary job responsibility: Communication and Mentorship, 25%
- Collaborate with vendors, executive leadership teams, and managers.
- Mentor and coach colleagues and partners who are taking on new tasks and roles within design, research, and engineering.
- Clearly communicate the value of agile and user-centered methodologies to a wide audience.
- Share knowledge, techniques, tools, patterns, and expert advice with colleagues, partners, and the public.
- Promote empathy not just for members of the public, but also partners across the government.
- Participate in communities of practice throughout the civic tech landscape to promote continuous learning and sharing beyond your role and organization.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to deliver digital products and services.
- Proven ability to establish strong, cross-functional relationships across different disciplines and teams.
- At least five years of experience applying product ownership and product research methodology in complex environments.
- At least one year of experience leading teams to drive product initiatives across organizational silos.
- Extensive experience using customer data and user research to drive an organization to become more user-centric.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams across the product delivery lifecycle using modern software development practices, while building capacity for innovation.
- Degree from a four-year college or university. Equivalent work experience will substitute.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple areas of product management (e.g., product roadmaps, user research, product analytics, etc.).
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and able to effectively manage time and tasks.
- Ability to solve complex problems creatively, participate in continuous improvement, and adapt to the ideas of others.
- Can thrive in low tech maturity environments.
- Product Owner certifications from Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00 -$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.