*background check required
Responsibilities for Scrum Master
- Understand how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to customers
- Lead teams on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Promote Scrum Maturity to the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Build a trusting and safe environment with an emphasis of problem solving.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Lead internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills . Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.