The UI/Visual Designer will design and create user-centered online experiences in an agile environment. This role will suit a creative problem solver looking to collaborate with technology, product and content teams to design elegant user interfaces and rich user experiences.
Specific deliverables for this role will include:
• Taking complex information and creating interfaces that are simple to use and elegantly designed
• Designing and delivering high-quality, innovative user interface designs through all phases of the product design lifecycle
• Working alongside information architects, developers, product managers, researchers and subject matter experts to create new products, features and functionality
• Gathering, analyzing and synthesizing UI needs for complex product and user requirements
• Creating rapid iterations of visual and/or storyboard concepts
• Presenting design options for review, from concept through final production
• Having an expert-level knowledge of UI design methodology and processes (user-centered and iterative design)
• Having a strong understanding and deep knowledge of current web and mobile design technology opportunities and limitations
• Solid understanding of principles of information organization and user interface design
• Thorough understanding of established user interface standards as well as cutting-edge design conventions and interactions
• Knowledge of fundamental design principles and disciplines that affect typography, color use, animation, composition, use of space, distribution of information, accessibility, etc.
• Creating low- to high-fidelity prototypes for UX research testing using tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure and Adobe XP
• Must be an effective advocate for the user and be able to successfully lead the implementation of feature-sets and interactions that provide an excellent customer experience
• Turning user research and usability feedback into easy to use solutions
• Justifying and articulating design decisions
• Extending visual design language, pattern libraries and usage guidelines
• Designing, documenting and maintaining user interface patterns: interaction controls and elements, building blocks, micro interactions, standards and guidelines
2+ years of experience as a visual UI designer, interaction designer or similar role.
Visual design expertise demonstrated through portfolio of design concepts, case studies, documentation, mockups and style guides.
Experience in a design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, Adobe XP.
Familiarity with Agile development.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple organizations.
Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced environment, working on ambiguous and challenging projects.
Experience with best practices for visual design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques.
Proficiency in responsive design.
Exposure to / familiarity with: web standards (W3C and 508) and best practices for interaction design.
Touch and mobile first experience.
Understanding of HTML/CSS (position does not include front-end development).
Experience with Agile processes and partnering with technical product management and developers for design implementation.
Experience developing and maintaining pattern libraries/design systems.
Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively.
Experience with user research