Desire to make an impact
Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
Specific industry/educational preferred:
Analytics, usability testing, optimization tools
Our client has an exciting and unique opening for a stellar UX designer and leader. As the Sr. UX Designer, Ecommerce, you will work with cross-functional teams to create user-centered designs and workflows in support of ecom programs of major importance for each of our digital properties. You will lead and support experience and UI design to bring strategies, applications, and user interface platforms to life across the ecosystem.
• Lead the development of ecommerce experiences across digital properties
• Create concepts, designs and creative executions, leveraging brand assets (look, tone, manner) for consumer and enterprise solutions.
• Support agile scrum and other lean processes and procedures to ensure efficient workflow.
• Play a strategic role in the growth and direction of the company’s sites.
• Collaborate with SMEs, developers, marketers, merchandisers and other team members to deliver iterative solutions and results.
• Present ideas, concepts, directions and plans for review by management and various internal clients.
• Present design concepts and represent design principles when making recommendations to complementary business groups.
• Work closely with outside vendors including consultants, ad agencies, and designers.
• Consult and provide guidance for team members on getting results and on working processes
• Provide creative direction across digital experiences
• Be a subject matter expert in best practices for ecommerce mobile/responsive, desktop, native and enterprise environments.
Your role will involve working both collaboratively and independently to make user-centric creative decisions on how to best present functionality and content across a variety of experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create world-class user solutions (including interfaces and visual designs) from concept to execution for desktop solutions, web-based products and mobile applications.
• Handle major new projects in parallel, organize and manage assignments in an agile manner in support of business plans, organizational plans and reputation and brand strategy.
• Lead and facilitate UX design workshop with stakeholders, build high-fidelity interactive prototypes, and conduct concept testing/usability testing and produce reports.
• Translate wireframes into visual designs that are visually engaging, simple and intuitive.
• Convey design ideas in tangible forms like concepts and annotated comps. Communicate design concepts effectively, build consensus, and justify decisions.
• Assumes leadership role for building UX design system, pattern library, style guide, and visual design guidelines.
• Develop visual design languages and systems including layouts, grids, photography, iconography, UI elements and others.
• Apply visual language to the design of web interfaces and mobile applications for variety of devices with different screen sizes, aspect ratios and pixel densities.
• Willingness to be fearless about driving new ideas, and finding beautiful and powerful ways to communicate them.
• Have a considerable impact on the direct work group/team. Decisions may affect the organizational effectiveness of multiple work groups or teams, important programs in the department, the next higher organizational tier, and/or related activities within the direct functional area.
• Serve as departmental thought leader for UX to foster understanding and appreciation throughout project teams.
• Provide governance to uphold consistency in design patterns, pulling from and adding to the UI Design Pattern Library.
• Work directly with Business partners and Product Owners to capture creative goals, opportunities, and branding standards.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• A Bachelor level university/college degree in graphic design, visual communications, industrial design, design strategy or equivalent degree.
• Minimum of 7 combined years of working experience in user experience design, visual design, or similar role with experiences in designing solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications on variety platforms.
• Working in both waterfall and agile environments
• Using standard discipline-focused software tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Omnigraffle, and related applications)
• General understanding of the development required to fulfill coding of designed experiences.
• Experience working in both waterfall and agile environments.
• Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate designs.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple teams of people in an often high-pressure and fast-paced environment.
• M.S. in Design Strategy, Graphic Design or Visual Communications, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
• 5-7 years relevant work experience in the design industry.
• Experience with creating web-based products, mobile applications for iOS and Android.
• Excellent visual design skills, layout, typography, and colors.
• Ability to create design prototypes in Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Axure or mobile platforms.
• Experience working collaboratively with other product owners and engineers in a variety of settings and strong communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate designs.