Founded in 2003, Horizontal is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that solves complex problems across two distinct businesses: Horizontal Digital and Horizontal Talent.
Horizontal Digital is focused on building friction-free digital experiences for our clients’ end customers – and we understand that connecting various technologies within our customer’s walls enables these experiences. Understanding our client’s customers is at the core of the digital experiences we create.
Horizontal Talent provides temporary and permanent IT, Digital Marketing & Creative, and Business & Strategy talent needs, with over 600 billing consultants. As an award-winning staffing agency, Horizontal connects UX, digital, technology, project management, and creative talent with leading companies across the country.
As the Senior HR Business Partner, you will play a crucial role in the implementation of the HR Strategy, partnering with colleagues, Business Leaders, and key stakeholders in support of strategic business objectives. As HRBP you will advise and coach leaders in all elements of talent management, including identifying current and future human capital implications and the delivery of HR services.
This position will be based in our St. Louis Park, MN office and may require up to 10% travel supporting a geographically dispersed team.
What the role isn’t:
This is not a static role. Your spirit of action will drive you to participate in HR projects in support of the global HR goals. You will have a passion for efficiency and continuous process and policy improvement. Your ability to adopt a problem-solving mindset will make it simple and easy. You will bring your passion for generating ideas related to people, systems, processes, data and transactions.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage your experience and understanding of our business to provide strategic input and lead solutions in areas such as Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, Succession Planning and Employee Relations among others.
- Be a visible advocate of our culture and will help our people to understand and align with our Core Values.
- Assist in developing and executing HR procedures, policies, and workflows.
- Participate in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Partner and support the HR team with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts
- Maintaining accurate HR records in the HRIS system.
- Ensure legal compliance applicable to employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience resolving complex employee relations issues and organizational development issues.
- Exceptional skills in: problem solving, strategic thinking, project/process management, coaching and fostering collaboration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices and disciplines, including compensation, benefits, talent management, performance management and general support within an HR generalist role.
- Solid experience in HR project management and program implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting a large, complex, multi-location organization required while working with managers across various offices.
- Proven ability as an effective team member on virtual teams and ability to successfully support, coach, and develop remote clients.
- In-depth knowledge within compensation and benefits will be considered a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and people skills
- High proficiency to work with data, which enable you to interpret and present the information.
- HRIS system experience.
- Knowledge of employment laws.
- Confidentiality – understanding and respecting the requirements that come with this position.
- Experience in a professional services environment preferred (i.e. Digital advertising or consulting firm focused on business strategy, technology and/or marketing services solutions).