We are looking for a Senior UX Writer to join us in our relentless pursuit of shaping meaningful product experiences for our clients and their customers. This person will set the vision for content with products and drive cohesive narrative across multiple platforms. They are not only an amazing writer – their body of work demonstrates the power of simplistic, dataful content-rich experiences.
They will work across every stage of experience, from writing new features to prototyping high fidelity solutions. Our team is a close-knit collective of diverse thinkers and doers that pioneer solutions that have never been done, collaborate with our clients as partners, and design for future iteration and sustainability.
Candidates local to the DMV area are strongly preferred. Post-pandemic, team members may be required to spend some time working on-site with our client in the Washington, DC area to enable first-class delivery of services, along with occasional travel to other client locations across the country.
Sounds Like You?
If you are committed to not only transforming the world with the products you craft, but also being a valued citizen to our growing global team, you will be instrumental in shaping how we do it with your ideas, thoughts, and solutions.
- Write all interface copy, messaging, and other communications across all UX scenarios, e.g. checkout processes, signups, editing tools, etc.
- Deliver exceptional storytelling abilities with clear and concise writing
- Champion discovery, research, and data synthesis to identify critical user insights and develop hypotheses to design effective experiences
- Juggle multiple projects with multiple teams
- Communicate with an aesthetic and influential voice to shape and position ideas for customer impact
- Present your own work
- Possess a meaningful POV on craft, tools and process
- Clarify and define success metrics for client and business impact
- Propose optimizations and creative approaches to systems that can drive more impact for user business needs
- Develop specification documentation that allows for implementation in software development
- Facilitate ideation workshops with stakeholders
Your Skills & Experience:
- UX writing for web and mobile, and style guides
- UI copy for devices, apps and desktop experiences, online help and documentation, FAQs, design system content and more
- Strong communication and storytelling abilities
- Complex system mapping and process mapping
- Audits and competitive landscaping
- User research for iterative testing
- Navigation systems design
- Sitemaps creation and nomenclature
- Process and specifications documentation
- Flexibility to meet evolving requirements
Set Yourself Apart With:
- Affinity group or ERG participation history
- Heuristic evaluation and performance data analysis
- Demonstrated video script writing and editing capabilities
- Writing for emerging experiences, i.e. natural language processing and augmented reality