Project Overview: The BRICS project provides the researchers a platform to accelerate research studies in the medical field. The web based platform is comprised of several modules to enable the submission and querying of research data. The candidate would need to learn the functional details and complexities of the system and help program and end users of the platform.
-This person would be responsible for supporting client scientific program management leads, as well as, end users of the BRICS platform. This person will be making an impact by improving data quality, as well as, improving our tools and services and turning recommendations into action.
-Strong communication skills
-Experience providing analysis and support to science and technology programs
-Independently reviews and conducts quality assurance checks (manual and automated) on data files for accuracy and completeness
-Experience working with interpreted programming languages (PHP, Perl, Python, and/or Shell Scripting)
-Bioinformatics and clinical research experience
Candidates must hold Green Card or be a USC
What are we looking for in you?
This is a mid-level position in the business consulting domain. The project manager will interact in a collaborative team environment developing and executing detailed project work plans and actively managing communications with clients regarding project needs, status and progress, and any changes thereto. This will mainly be done through the translation of business strategy into specific project objectives, work plans, and timelines.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have strong interpersonal skills, as well as, strong client interaction skills.
Do you have the following?
- Leads project support & coordination for an operations team members working closely with research teams/collaborators to assist with integration of research data files into a data management system, update summary files, process data requests from research manager and investigators, ensure data quality through the execution of computer programs, develop standard operating procedures, and other quality assurance
- Monitors progress against incoming deliveries of data into data management system and provides status to clients using project/program management tools and techniques to organize, plan, track, coordinate, execute, report, and evaluate program projects, objectives and status reports
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Responsible for analyzing potential complex data management issues/risks and recommending/implementing solutions
- Advocates for primary stakeholder needs, works with other program teams to compromise on solutions and participates in change management / end users and governance activities
- Communicate and liaise between the IT team and client to ensure mutual understanding with regards to protocol workflow, technical requirements, time lines, system functionality, system capabilities, and new product features
- Escalates issues or concerns including but not limited to adherence with timelines, client expectations or satisfaction, quality of work, research team concerns or compliance.
- Provides oversight of training documentation and system user access, may serve as resource for complex troubleshooting
- Leads or actively participates in internal and external calls/meetings/working groups and documents and follows up on action items
- Authors, reviews, and/or edits written reports presenting the results, interpretations, conclusions, and impact analysis
- May be required to facilitate or present at scientific meetings, conferences, and other events
- Provides technical guidance to a wide user audience to include training on use and interpretation of data resources (including updates and changes)
- Creates, plans and directs instructional sessions and workshops
- Defines/updates documentation to maintain the quality of data resources
- Coaches and mentors junior team members
Nice to haves:
- Experience with providing analysis and support to science and technology programs
- Familiarity with Agile project management methodologies and JIRA
- Experience working with interpreted programming languages (PHP, Perl, Python,R, and/or Shell Scripting)
- Hands on experience with Jupyter Notebook / JupyterLab or other IDEs
- Experience using content management systems, specifically Drupal
- Preferred Master’s in scientific discipline accompanied with basic understanding of the clinical development and data management processes
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a related field - life sciences, health programs, clinical research, or other related government health research programs, etc.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment
- Strong skills in prioritization, organization, problem-solving, decision-making, time management, mentoring and planning
- Highly motivated, results driven with unyielding predisposition to detail, accuracy and clarity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with internal and external clients and colleagues
- Experienced, effective interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with individuals at all levels with sensitivity and tact
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective harmonious relationships with diverse technical and non-technical groups
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze situations and achieve goals
- Ability to self-direct and work-independently and in a complex team environment
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent attention to details and diligent adherence to deadlines and deliverables
- Personnel management and project team leadership experience highly desired
- Extensive experience with MS Office, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance