Solution Architect - Digital Health
Our client is charged with building a portfolio of digital health applications. In partnership with other units i.e Research, Commercial, Clinical divisions, DHS works to transform. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data to intelligently process and present this data to our business professionals which allow for improved patient care. The applications delivered by DHS will cover Research, clinical and commercial domains.
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically savvy solution architect who is responsible for supporting and implementing technology capabilities to strengthen and advance our digital health portfolio. This role requires a proven track-record of prior experience with digital health products and their regulations, a wealth of both process and technical knowledge about security, storage, data management, network service delivery within mobile and cloud development and applications of AI, automation and cloud engineering.
The Principal Digital Health Solution Architect will be providing technical expertise, supporting requirement collection and exploring new technology trends to create blueprints and recommendations partnering with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others in delivering new digital solutions/services for patients and customers. In addition, this role will act as a liaison between multiple functions such as Data, Cloud and Software Engineering, Product Management within business units, Commercial, Medical, Research and Clinical. The architect is expected to collaborate on new business proposals and presentations that are a representation of the business's Digital solutions and services offerings. More specifically in this role the candidate will:
· Explore Industry technical trends, and evaluate vendors and start-ups for partnerships
· Translate strategic input into product design Input based on comprehensive understanding of user needs, Internal stakeholder and architectural perspectives
· Develop compliant architectural blueprints and create technology artifacts to enable design and implementation for build, and drive suppliers
· Continuously evaluate business process and solution portfolios to find rationalization and cost savings opportunities. Strive to minimize the time to develop and release applications by designing and implementing efficient and future-proof architectures supporting safety and security guidelines
· Define, along with other functions in DHS, the development roadmap enabling the group to design, develop, deploy, and support a portfolio of digital solutions for global distribution to clinical studies and commercial products
· Provide coaching and demonstrate software architecture and technology best practices to technical leads and principal engineers
· Prototype solutions - internally and with vendors - to validate ideas, design assumptions and other aspects of a digital health product
· Driving the integration of newly developed applications into the enterprise data architecture
· Architect communication interfaces to support a portfolio of patient facing mobile applications or IoT devices and providing input to the end-to-end roadmap, in collaboration with the product management team
· Proactively monitors all product related components and processes to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), audit and industry best practices
· B.Sc. in information technology, business informatics or a related field - Advanced degree and additional related certifications preferred
· 8+ years of experience in multiple IT disciplines gained in the pharmaceutical/healthcare/life science industry and/or for a top software consultancy firm
· Hands-on experience designing and implementing solutions mobile, web, social, collaborative tools from development to market - experience in leading medical device software development is a clear plus
· Master the architecture design for Digital Health Tech in relation to compliance and risk. In-depth experience of designing and implementing digital health solutions according to ISO13485, IEC 62304, IEC 62366, ISO 14971, with proven track
· Hands-on experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Objective-C, Swift, JAVA, Kotlin or Python. Cloud native products experience preferred. Previous experience as a professional developer preferred. Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments.
· Knowledge of architecture practices and methodologies with at least one of the major cloud providers. Holding a cloud solution architect certificate (e.g. AWS Solution Architect Associate) is a clear asset
· Experience in agile development required. Prior product management experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization; Ability to deal with ambiguity and work towards bringing clarity;