Areas of focus will include Windows architecture and security requirements, design and implementation. Candidates must be able to understand the business goals, work with the team to create and document the technical architecture and interfaces, identify the technical risks and mitigations that could impact success, translate into detailed design requirements, actively participate in development and generate and review design documentation in compliance with design control procedures used within the medical device industry. Candidates must have experience defining complex software/firmware architecture and be willing to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
• The candidate must have the ability to work well with a variety of individuals ranging from the various engineering disciplines (software/firmware, mechanical and electrical) to marketing, clinical, reliability, regulatory and operations.
• The essence of this role is to focus on the definition and implementation of Windows software/firmware security architecture and interfaces; ensuring an extensible architecture to support the goals of the business.
• This person must demonstrate strength in Business Acumen, and be able to drive software/firmware security requirements, develop and maintain detailed schedules and make trade-offs with other organizational needs
• It is expected that the candidate will have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• The following are examples of the responsibilities this candidate might be expected to perform:
o Understanding the business goals that drive Windows security architectural and implementation decisions
o Technical ownership of the Windows software/firmware security architecture and interfaces
o Soliciting, analyzing, and documenting Windows software/firmware requirements
o Assessing technical feasibility and developing alternative solutions.
o Quickly developing functional prototypes that demonstrate technologies that are feasible for development in the time and budget available.
o Developing and maintaining high integrity software/firmware for medical devices.
o Maintaining and updating the design documentation throughout the entire system life cycle.
o Creating test cases, protocols and reports for unit, integration, and system software testing.
o Performing software testing at the unit, integration, and system level.
• Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
• Determines systems software design requirements.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• Bachelors degree required
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
• Experience with Windows security design (secure boot process, code signing, certificate management, TMP, etc.) and implementation
• Experience with UEFI security configurations
• Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
• Experience with developing test cases for software unit testing in embedded systems
• Demonstrated experience with Software Engineering and Security processes.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving skills.
• Proven record of working independently and understanding program goals
• Experience in Healthcare industry or other heavily regulated industry.
• In-depth understanding of system development lifecycle methodologies.
• Design and implementation experience with security for:
o Embedded software & systems
o Capital equipment in a hospital setting
• In-depth medical device systems knowledge and experience
• Prior security design experience in critical industries such as DOD, DOE, NSA