*upon offer, candidates must complete a background check*
Responsible for analysis, design, creation and maintaining UX design and research standards for customers.
Acts as an advocate for the user through project coordination, coaching and mentoring staff as needed.
Provides support and guidance across multiple development teams including analyzing data and collecting deliverables to support successful implementation of UX best practices.
Keeps abreast of current UX design and research practices.
1. Create user flows, style guides, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, and design artifacts (wireframes, etc.) that work on various browsers and mobile platforms
2. Produce designs that are compliant with current web accessibility guidelines
3. Actively participates in all phases of the product lifecycle, including product ideation, user persona definition, requirement elicitation, cross-discipline UX design sessions, usability testing, and data analytics.
4. Applies fundamental design principles to products so they effectively use typography, color, composition, and space to present information.
5. Conceptualizes and articulates strong, user-centered interactions, while balancing the needs of the business and the capabilities of technology.
6. Remains current with new technologies, frameworks, and trends; advises the enterprise; and pursues the latest opportunities that will improve the UX.
7. Exhibits product ownership, present work and rationale to stakeholders, and is accountable to timelines and project needs.
8. Assists on analysis initiatives, which may include executing surveys, compiling and analyzing research results, and drafting implementation plans.
9. Leads and provides guidance to other UX Designers.
10. Identifies, plans and executes qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand our customers and their needs, identifies design improvements, and discovers new opportunities.
11. Conducts workshops, field studies, interviews, surveys, usability tests, A/B testing, card-sorting, design reviews, and competitive analyses as appropriate.
12. Creates personas, scenarios, storyboards, conceptual models, journey and experience maps, service blueprints, and other artifacts to help drive design vision and strategy.
13. Prepares and delivers concise, creative and impactful research reports to members of project teams and other stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
14. Actively participates in all phases of the product lifecycle, including product ideation, user persona definition, requirement elicitation, cross-discipline UX design sessions, usability testing, and data analytics.
15. Creates digital assets (HTML/CSS, HTML5/CSS3, images, possibly animation) for web and mobile web products that will then be used by UI developers.
Education and Experience
• Two years of college and 7 years of related work experience.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
• Master's degree and 3 years of related work experience.
Knowledge and Skills Knowledge Area - Advanced Level
• Fundamental design principles that affect typography, color use, composition, use of space, and presentation of information
• Fluent in HTML and CSS, including responsive design
• Web accessibility guidelines
• eCommerce web, mobile web, and UX design
Skill Area - Advanced Level
• Implementing designs and creating test-ready prototypes in an agile development environment
• Prototyping tools (for example, Axure, Balsamiq, invisionapp)