*candidates must complete a background check upon offer*
Quality Assurance Lead
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Collaborate directly with Capability Managers, Project Managers across various functional areas to gather information on scope for projects in pipeline and forecast/estimate for these projects
• Resource planning for upcoming project demands
• Work with appropriate vendors to acquire testing resources
• Participate in Requirement walkthrough and design review sessions
• Actively contribute to estimation and planning, risk assessment, contingency planning, tracking and management of progress, issues, risk, and resources.
• Ensure test process, methodologies and tools are applied appropriately and that test phase entry/exit criteria are agreed to by stakeholders and applied by the test team.
• Define Project Test Strategy, Test plans and gain approval from stakeholders for the same
• Work with business/UAT team to define test scenarios/test cases, execute test cases and update test results
• Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
• Collaborate with Business Teams to define UAT Test plans and strategy
• Ensure all sign offs on deliverables (overall test strategy, test plan, test cases, etc.) and that testing meets governance requirements.
• Collect and report quality metrics report of testing activities such as testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance-baselines etc.
• Presentation of metrics dashboard at the end of a phase or at the completion of project.
• Identify opportunities for automation of test projects and provide recommendations for the same
• Lead and mentor fellow QA Analysts regarding testing best practices and processes
• Written Communication - Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
• Problem Solving - Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving problems including ability to utilize various system utilities, networking, and verification tools to pinpoint abnormal behaviors.
• Verbal Communication - Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language - it includes tone, style, and structure.
• Application Testing (Web testing, Functional and Performance testing)- Ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality at all stages of application development.
• Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities. Effective judgment in prioritizing and time allocation.
• Standards, procedures, policies - Understanding of and ability to use and administer the organization's policies, practices, standards, and procedures.
• Quality Management - Knowledge of quality management methods, tools and techniques used to create and support an environment that meets the needs of the organization.
• Project Management - Knowledge of and experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring, and controlling projects.
• Application Delivery Process - Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies, and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
• SDLC/Methodologies –Knowledge of overall functions of SDLC, experience with Waterfall, Agile, Iterative methodology
• Onsite/Offshore Model – Experience working in onsite/offshore model and understanding of challenges and complexities in the model
• Testing Best Practices – Should have knowledge about testing best practices
• Experience in agile methodology
• Certified System Test Professional (CSTP) and Certified Test Manager (CTM), Project Management Professional(PMP)
• Experience in HP Quality Center, QTP, IBM Rational toolset and Loadrunner
• Experience in functional automation testing
8-10 years of experience in software application development/testing areas
• BS/BA degree in computer science, related discipline, or experience equivalent.