What are potential titles of the position?
- Customer & Operational Reporting
- Data Analyst Funding Sources QA
- Reporting/Data Analyst Provider Data QA
- Reporting/Data Analyst
What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment?
- The candidate will be supporting the Maryland Behavioral Health contract with the State of Maryland to provider behavioral health services (authorizations, claims, payment, etc.) to Medicaid and Uninsured consumers.
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team?
- The candidate will be a part of the Reporting & Data Analytics Team providing support on the contract.
If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.)
- Reporting & Data Analytics will total 4 FTEs when fully staffed.
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
- Support systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to management
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business goals and trending
- Transfers data into meaningful, professional and easy to understand formats for various audiences
- Performs analysis, and uses data to support analysis of business systems, processes, and/or intradepartmental impacts
- Assists in the development and testing of new reports and ongoing support of existing solutions, including defect identification and resolution
- Analyze client requirements and complex business scenarios
- Design innovative, analytical, and fully automated products and solutions
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
Microsoft SQL Server ETL/Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Tableau Intermediate level of database structures & design Insurance or health care data expertise
What skills/attributes are a must have?
- Two or more years experience in data analysis and reporting
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Ability to write SQL queries and perform table joins, and complex data merges
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Visio software applications.
Where is the work to be performed? (Please list preferred UHG facility, if other please specify i.e. remote work, rural, etc.)
- MD101 - Optum Maryland Behavioral Health, Columbia, MD Or Remote
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc)
- 9am - 5pm
What type of interview process is preferred? (Face to face, phone, Skype, or a combination of the three)
- Phone or WebEx