Can you please provide a summary of the project/initiative which describes what's being done?
- UHC Hearing is going through organization changes and Vidhya's team will be taking the lead on Technology Delivery. Scrum Master/OM is needed to support Spec benefits with key projects
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.)?
- Scrum Master/SLO will coordinate, supervise and will be accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical/ production team. He/she will be responsible for coordinating product releases with business, development and application teams. He/she will lead collaboration between development, product owner and operation managers to ensure that products delivered meet the needs of our customers and will act as a Scrum Master for Agile teams, maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on team-level progress and quality
What does the team make-up look like - how many members and what is the break-down of the teams skill sets (ex: 1 PM, 4 Developers, etc.)?
- 1 Manager, 1 RTE, 1 Scrum master, 9 developers, 4 QA resources
- Guiding the team(s) and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team(s) on self-organizing to fully realize the potential of Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team(s) and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team(s) to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team(s) using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Perform as an evangelist for Optums internal implementation of SAFe (SAFe + PLM)
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner)
- 5 years of experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for eliciting change in team behavior (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II, SPCT 4++)
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (.Net, Java, or other web development languages)
- Previous experience as a development team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Contributions to the public around agile practices
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc)
- Regular workday 9am-5pm
What does the interview process look like? a. How many rounds?
- 3 rounds b. Video vs. phone? 2 phone and 1 video c. How technical will the interviews be? Itll technical based on job requirements