*upon offer, candidates must complete a background check*
A11Y Testing Consultant-This position will focus on the testing and conformance phases of accessibility.
*Someone who can read / write in Spanish in addition to English*
The ideal Accessibility (sometimes referred to as A11Y) Consultant candidate will apply existing guidelines, laws, regulations, and best practices to projects that exceed customer expectations while solving for business needs.
The Accessibility Consultant is a key stakeholder during the design, prototyping, defect analysis processes and testing-for-conformance phases, including creating and validating accessibility user stories, evaluating prototypes, reviewing designs and wireframes, providing technical direction, automated and manual accessibility testing, as well as creating materials to educate others about accessibility. In addition, this candidate will partner with our business lines to ensure the user experience (UX) we present to consumers is accessible and meets bank standards.
The UXDesign A11Y Consultant candidate has a strong understanding of digital accessibility for the design, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility issues.
They lead collaborations with technologists, developers, test teams, experience architects, researchers, product owners and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined.
They are well-versed in manual and automated testing techniques using multiple tools and possess the aptitude to mentor others in the tools.
The candidate should have strong communication and presentation skills along with a capable understanding of UXDesign best practices.
Depending on the candidates skillset and experiences, there is potential to lead a team. This position will focus on the testing and conformance phases of accessibility.
• Knowledge of Deque Systems' tools, e.g., DevTools, Auditor, Monitor, University, are preferred.
• Automated and manual accessibility testing techniques, including defect logging.
• Serve as a digital accessibility consultant for the design, implementation, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility.
• Collaborate with experience architects, developers, researchers, product owners, test teams and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined.
• Review products using manual and automated techniques to ensure we design accessible products.
• Collaborate with teams to determine road maps to reach desired results.
• Assist with research and coordination of response to consumer feedback.
• Actively participate in design, development and testing protocols.
• Collaboratively partner with UXDesign peers (visual designers, content writers, user experience architects, researchers, prototypers / developers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences
• Develop guidelines for architects, designers and developers to aid in compliance with the current version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
• Engage in quality audits and assist with remediation roadmaps where necessary.
• Partner with business analysts, developers, accessibility consultants, testers, product owners and compliance specialists to translate requirements into experience architectures
• Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peers to ensure they accurately represent or improve upon the U.S. Bank layout, design and interaction patterns
• Mentor others on the use of assistive technology from the user’s perspective.
• Collaborate in the development and implementation of outreach and training for designers, developers, content providers, product owners, business line representation and internal employees.
• Remain abreast of trends and developments in the area of web, application and software accessibility / inclusion.
• Formally observe user interviews and usability sessions
• Work concurrently on multiple tasks or projects in an agile environment