The candidate will oversee the development, design, user interface, technology integration, and site architecture management. Additionally, this role will be responsible for managing technology teams from definition phase through implementation, as well as contribute to the sales cycle.
The Manager will be responsible for defining managing the development team, validating designs, supporting estimations, adhering to project development processes and best practices around agile project management and delivery, implementing parts of the system using best practices, working with clients and stakeholders to understand the requirements and how they will be implemented and managing team members. This will include project management, architectural reviews, code reviews, design reviews, coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.
• Responsible for defining, maintaining, and supporting the architecture
• Responsible for design, development, and team leadership over the project
• Work in an Agile methodology, supporting the various project teams developing and maintaining the program
• Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Object-Oriented techniques.
• Use deep understanding of microservices design principles to architect and create custom software solutions or modify package solutions
• Translate the client’s business requirements into systems design and document them
• Work with the client's IT organization to establish technology strategy at an application level
• Work with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to deliver software solutions
• Establish high, mid and micro level plans and set technical direction for a large team
• Lead the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
• Mentor team members
• Experience with systems integration and development, package implementation, and/or interactive design
• Design and architecture experience with major Java technologies
• Experience with private cloud environment like OCI / Anthos / AzureStack
• Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java / .Net / Open Source technologies and microservices
• Experience with supporting federated security requirements for enterprise applications
• Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-task teams.
• Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience successfully delivering a solution using agile
• Experience with Service Based / Microservices Technologies
• Minimum 5 years design and architecture experience with major Java technologies, such as Spring and Hibernate / .Net Core, Open Source equivalents
• Experience leading a technology current state assessment for IT systems and defining and presenting new solutions to meet the client’s future state needs
• Experience with enterprise search engine such as Elastic is a plus
• Experience with container based deployment technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, PCF
• Experience with relational database technologies such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server and non-relational including MongoDB, PostgresSQL
• Ability to work with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required