Partner with leaders in both business and IT to optimize the flow of value across a line of business by leading Agile teams using SAFe Agile Methodology. Cultivate an environment where transparency, speed, quality and innovation are at the forefront while exhibiting an entrepreneurial mindset. Directly influence executives, leaders, business units, and technology teams on Agile principles, values, building techniques, growth, and maintain a thriving agile organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinate with various Agile Transformation Teams on standing up Agile Release Trains, facilitating Program Team ceremonies, such as Program Increment planning, feature writing workshops, backlog grooming, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, etc. Coach and partner with various stakeholders such as Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, IT leads to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
• Guide cadence and synchronization at the Team Level to improve effectiveness of progress towards the iteration goals in daily stand-up meetings and the ability to demonstrate working systems at the end of the iteration.
• Define and measure meaningful agile metrics to provide insights in these three dimensions including Team Health and Maturity, Delivery and Performance, and Business Outcomes.
• Help manage risks and dependencies across the organization and the broader enterprise to enable better flow of value.
• Continuously seeks opportunities to improve operational processes to improve consistency of delivery, improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs.
• Effectively assesses opportunities, gains support for improvements and follows through with implementation.
• Provides leadership oversight and governance on all line of business Agile transformation efforts.
• Facilitates organizational learning, change management, and process adoption of Agile via metrics, benefits realization, outcomes, and retrospective findings.
• Provides Agile Leadership coaching and training to Scrum Masters, Product Owners, functional managers and executives.
• Deliver coaching of individual teams in all aspects of scrum and Kanban including planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, limiting wip, etc.
• Serves as subject matter expert and provides coaching to teams and leadership towards improving Agile process and metrics, evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams, and deliver training courses for product owners, developers, and testers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 2-4 years SAFe Agile Coach experience
• 5-7 years’ experience applying Agile practices and principles including SAFe, Scrum and/or Kanban including demonstrated ability to inspect and adapt Agile practices to various situations
• 2-4 years in Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Lean Role
• Strong verbal communication and listening skills. Including strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to lead/manage others. Ability to lead high performing teams through change, advocate for and influence lean agile transition.
• Possesses strong technical aptitude.
• Experience as an Agile Leader across multiple coaching engagements.
• Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
• Strong stakeholder management & influencing skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Deliver & design Agile Training.
• Possesses a high degree of initiative.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• SPC4 or above required
• Scrum Master, Product Owner Certification preferred
• Certified in Change Management practices preferred
• 7-10 years project management or technical leadership experience, leading large, complex deliveries preferred
• Experience completing a transformation program within organization at the essential or portfolio configuration level
• Experience coaching specific roles such as Business Owners, Product Managers, Epic Owners, Solutions Architects, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners
• Experience with intake management, metrics and reporting
• Advanced Rally knowledge
• Agile governance and accountability experience at team and ART level
• Experience around cross training, paired programming, test driven development, and behavior driven development
• Candidates local to Independence, OH highly preferred
• 40 hours per week (ability to work EST time zone)