This position will be dedicated to the Behavioral Health Medicaid encounter management team. This position will have contact with encounter operations and technical staff.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use your technical and analytical skills to analyze healthcare claims data, design/develop, program, maintain and publish dashboards.
- You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy along with a strong attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Join a high-performing team who has deep experience in Medicaid encounter management and claims-based reporting!
• Analyze encounter/claims data, develop, program, maintain and publish encounter-based reporting using Tableau and SSRS.
• Use creativity to alleviate complex reporting issues
• Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and level of accuracy
• Derive business requirements based on customer requests; Validate technical system specifications to meet business requirements
• Present data in a variety of formats (charts, graphs, tables) for leadership and other stakeholders
• Create end-user visualizations and end-user reports
• Perform fact-based analysis; explain technical issues in words that non-technical stakeholders will understand
• Develop design and maintain internal documentation of work products
• Deliver timely and effective technical assistance and troubleshooting when issues arise
• Self-directed team player - able to initiate projects independently; prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines; assist and collaborate with other team members to continuously expand our capabilities
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field
• Intermediate level of programming knowledge (reporting code) and of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse.
• Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Have a passion to understand and be part of the business, not just mastering the technology
• Develop complex MS SQL Server queries for data extraction and reporting
• Perform data conversions (ETL) from multiple data sources, develop necessary SQL for loading / updating and maintaining data tables
• 1+ years’ experience with SQL tools , especially SQL management studio, T-SQL, SSIS
• Experience with complex data schemas; multi-million row tables; complex queries
• Working knowledge of relational databases and database structures.
• Successful time / project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field
• 3+ years’ experience with SQL management studio, T-SQL, SSIS. SSRS, Tableau
• Experience in SQL reporting tools, such as Crystal Reports, Hyperion, SAS, Tableau or equivalent products.
• Demonstrated process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
• Healthcare claims data experience.
• Medicaid and behavioral health program experience.