Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
This is a full-time regular role. You will start working remotely but when it is appropriate, this role will be located in our St. Louis Park, MN or Addison, TX office.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Digital Business Analyst, you will work closely with our UX teams, designers, developers, strategists, project managers, and quality analysts to ensure successful and efficient execution of the digital experience (enterprise scale websites, eCommerce, mobile apps, service portals, etc.), and related acceptance criteria. In this role, you will help ensure efficient and successful digital experiences by connecting the dots from the ‘why’ (business requirements) to the ‘what’ (functional requirement) and the ‘how’ (technical requirements). Agnostic of technology platform or business function, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in discerning the goals of the business, translating them into distinct requirements, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Lead in identifying solutions for business problems and document associated risks, assumptions, and constraints.
- Provide and author detailed documentation on project scope, business requirements, functional requirements, and test plans.
- Own the development of business requirements partnering with digital strategists, in addition to collaborating with cross-functional groups such as UX designers on functional requirements, development mangers on technical requirements, and the QA team on test plans and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with internal project team leaders to ensure successful project execution.
- Collaborate on the process, design and implementation of standards for requirements documentation and user stories via an agile (sprint-based) methodology process, while leveraging the Jira/Confluence toolset.
Who you are:
- Written and verbal communication skills are professional, concise and effective.
- Highly collaborative nature with the seamless ability to help drive requirements elicitation and prioritization workshops, produce client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives.
- Takes initiative, is proactive, anticipates and completes project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s business objectives, uncover issues and risks, and identify efficiencies.
- Prioritize workload, while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs.
- Adapt by quickly learning new business processes, tools, and terminology.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience working on enterprise digital initiatives, software development, or related IT projects as a Business Analyst, or in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Good understanding of the digital ecosystem including knowledge of business process definition, and functional areas such as Commerce, Marketing Automation, Content Strategy, Personalization, Customer Service critical to the success of client initiatives.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and the digital design/development life cycle.
- Familiarity with digital platforms such as CMS, CRM, ERP, PIM (e.g., Sitecore, Salesforce preferred)
- UAT and testing experience (preferred).
- Experience with Jira/Confluence toolset (preferred).