Strategic resource that works to support and improve the ongoing performance of IT projects and processes. Effectively and efficiently manages the design, documentation and implementation of process and project data quality improvements, ensuring all impacted users understand and can successfully execute the process(es). Manages and executes process performance and compliance assessments (including – where appropriate – facilitation of project quality and data analysis for communication to project or process leadership). Manages and reports on project portfolio risks, process and portfolio measures, and works with Leadership to establish goals and KPIs. Knowledgeable in industry best practices for project portfolio management.
• Facilitate project portfolio management tasks and provide leadership on project data quality clean up/oversight, portfolio reporting, planning, forecasting, and pipeline ‘what if’ analysis.
• Work with management team to provide visibility into resource data, dashboard reporting and assist in manager plan maintenance and build out.
• Assist with project environment maintenance, including establishing initial project schedules, creating projects workspaces, and project data updates used for reporting.
• Measure compliance to established processes and project quality metrics; gather and assess data to provide insight to potential process improvement and training opportunities; provide reporting to IT practitioners and management.
• Assist in creating and maintaining process documentation and procedures.
• Participate on or lead teams to perform root cause analysis regarding process performance issues; conduct formal assessments and recommend enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve process productivity and/or efficiency.
• Facilitate and implement process improvements relating to project portfolio management and project management processes.
• Lead portfolio and project training sessions and ensure portfolio and quality process information is communicated to project management and leadership teams.
• Coach and/or mentor more junior staff.
• 5-7 years of relevant technical and business work experience
• Four-year degree required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience using Microsoft Project Professional, Microsoft PWA (Project Server), Excel, Powerpoint
• One or more of the following are preferred certifications: PMI Project Management Professional, PMI Portfolio Management Professional, Certified Business Analyst Professional, ITIL Foundation, and/or SEI Certified Team Software Process Coach
• Experience using SharePoint, and InfoPath.