Develops and deploys predictive and prescriptive models to address complex problems, discover insights, and identify opportunities using machine learning, statistical techniques, and data mining. Provides technical thought leadership to the data science team and may assist with resource allocation. Coordinates multidisciplinary teams to design, develop, and recommend new approaches for data driven decision-making. Facilitates the identification of innovative solutions and promotes data science across departments. Guides and educates the data science team and works with leadership to provide unbiased and accurate information, analysis, consultation, and recommendations to support strategic and operational initiatives. Remains current on an array of analysis techniques, information management tools, and machine learning methodologies. Makes presentations on assigned projects or proposals. Functions independently and initiates judgment in handling delegated responsibilities. The successful candidate will need to have both technical and business background/experience along with strong leadership skills. Knowledge and extensive experience with machine learning, statistical techniques, Python or R, and SQL is required. Experience with data modeling and visualization will be considered.
- Makes strategic recommendations on process, hardware, and software changes around machine learning and statistical analysis systems.
- Extremely proficient in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, machine learning techniques, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading technical/quantitative teams.
- Conducts advanced data analysis and designs highly complex algorithm systems.
- Coordinates and promotes the discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome.
- Models and frames business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business and practice processes and/or decisions.
- Develops innovative and effective approaches to solve analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies.
- Develops experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
- Identifies/creates the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns.
- Experience in deployment of data science solutions
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Presents findings in easy to understand terms for the business or clinical practice.
- Communicates and works with subject matter experts and organizational leadership.
- Educates the team and organization on new approaches.
- Coordinates the design and deployment of enhancements and fixes to machine learning systems as needed.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
The preferred candidate will possess a PhD in a relevant field such as engineering, mathematics, computer science, health science, or other analytical/quantitative field and a minimum of five years of professional or research experience in data science including Python/R and statistical/machine learning packages.
A Master's degree in a relevant field such as engineering, mathematics, computer science, health science, or other analytical/quantitative and a minimum of seven years of professional or research experience in data science including Python/R and statistical/machine learning packages will be considered.
Experience leading teams and in-depth business or practice knowledge is required.
Additional Experience and/or Qualifications:
Demonstrated ability to develop predictive and prescriptive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems through leveraging advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques, is required.
Demonstrated ability to provide consultative services at an institutional or enterprise level to departments/divisions and committees from any Company entity requesting assistance is preferred. Demonstrated application of several problem-solving methodologies, planning techniques, continuous improvement methods, project management methods, and analytical tools and methodologies (e.g. machine learning, statistical packages, modeling, etc.) required.
Incumbent must have ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities and stay current on healthcare trends and enterprise changes.
Excellent interpersonal skills to include presentation, negotiation, persuasion, and written communications skills are required.
Exceptional time management is required.
In addition, requires excellent analytical skills, consulting skills, ability to identify and recommend solutions, advanced computer application skills and a commitment to customer service.
Experience with data modeling and date exploration tools including but not limited to Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark, SQL, Pandas, and MongoDB.