At Horizontal, we put the customer first, embrace change, nurture collaboration, and work courageously. We are a company full of talented individuals who are passionate about the work they do. As an HR team, every day provides us with an opportunity to make a difference. We believe that by partnering with the individuals at all levels of the organization, we can influence our future.
Our work environment is diverse, fast-paced, and complex. We offer a talented HR professional a rewarding challenge with an opportunity to be part of a quickly growing global organization where the possibilities are limitless.
The individual in this role will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll and benefits administration across the organization. A typical day includes but is not limited to processing payroll related transactions, responding to employee inquiries, providing HR, payroll and benefits guidance, troubleshooting policy and process related issues, and assisting with or leading special projects related to payroll and benefits.
What you'll do:
- Payroll administration related to onboarding, offboarding, change management, and reporting.
- Day-to-day benefits administration related to onboarding, offboarding and changes.
- Day-to-day benefit provider management including issue resolution.
- Coordination of invoicing processing with finance team.
- Benefit-related documentation creation and management.
- Assist with annual open enrollment and other benefit-related activities or projects.
- Leave administration including STD and FMLA.
- ACA and COBRA administration.
- Immigration administration.
- Assist with or lead special project as it relates to HR activities.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience focused payroll and benefits administration.
- Working knowledge of payroll and benefits administration.
- Working knowledge of HRIS/payroll systems and data management.
- Working knowledge of leave administration.
- Experience or ability to learn immigration administration.
- Experience handling sensitive, complex, and confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven.