PROJECT: Initially the project will be focused on working to migrate our MQ infrastructure from a manually installed set of services on physical machines to a container platform with full automation and scaling as demand changes. This project will also involve creating to the tools to allow us to move from a manually administered service model to configuration as code and self-service. The second project is to help us enhance our telemetry and improve our SRE practices.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience with software engineering and use of an object oriented language, preferably java and python. They need to have experience with container and Kubernetes or Openshift. They also need to have experience with IBM MQ. I want to be clear that we are not looking for MQ administrators, we are looking for software engineers with IBM MQ experience. They need to have experience creating code pipelines and configuration as code (simply using is insufficient, we want engineers who have built it), CICD and GitOps.
- 5-10 years experience building and deploying apps in a Container/Kubernetes environment
- 5-10 years experience DevOps (CICD, GitOps, etc)
- 5-10 years experience with programming skills
- ** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Having build a self-service capability for any sort of infrastructure service.
- ** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
The role will be supporting our messaging platforms, helping them evolve from an administrative focused managed service to a modern self-service, configuration as code driven offering, putting power in the hands of the application teams who utilize the service.
- Gather requirements from customers and consumer and collaborate on a platform roadmap.
- Architecting and designing the solutions and capabilities.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Lead change and innovation - look for opportunities to introduce new technology to make the system more efficient, reliable and transparent.
- Communicate status to senior leaders.
- Five or more years building enterprise software with a history of increasing responsibility.
- Experience with using opensource telemetry stacks: Prometheus, Grafana, Thanos, etc.
- Experience with container platforms such as Kubernetes or Openshift.
- Experience with infrastructure as code techniques.
- Experience with CICD, Jenkins preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Experience with IBM integration products (MQ, Integration Bus, etc.)
TEAM STRUCTURE: 2 FTE Senior Software Engineers.
LOCATION: Will start remote. When the pandemic restrictions are lifted, contractor is expected to be able to come in to the office.