*upon offer, candidates must complete a background and drug screen*
This position is responsible for designing the architecture and implementing the solution for the Kafka Data Streaming project and the SAP Data Governance project. This role will leverage data across various systems to improve data quality and data integrations. The Sr. IT Architect will help define the end-to-end vision, design how data is integrated and flows across major systems, and recommend how to measure and maintain data quality in the most effective way.
• Creates a common, sustainable framework that can be applied for data integration and data quality programs. This includes development of a data acquisition and management plan by applying data management functions like Data Architecture, Master Data Management and Data Quality.
• Provides direction and oversight for the data management strategy, including data integration between several enterprise systems. The role will educate on and establish reusable data management best practices and standards including templates, processes, reports and dashboards
• Oversee and define data deliverables that are required by the Technical Review Board. Work with appropriate technical domain leads to ensure the program aligns to standards.
• Oversight and creation of data products including dashboards, data visualization and data profiling to meet the needs of a diverse audience. Leverage tools and deliverables for future projects
• Advisory role: Ensure data efforts performed by various vendor partners conform to an overall approach and strategy of the program. This includes defining standard approach for data collection, profiling and validation and integration. • Strategy and Planning – Provides guidance on how to best leverage data infrastructure technology and capabilities to enable the data program.
• Experience designing and deploying data management environments to support diverse data needs, including Big Data, Data Lake, Data Hub and NoSQL technologies.
• Experience with SAP data integration projects.
• Experience with Kafka data streaming.
• Experience in the Energy/Utility sector a plus.
• Experience with Data Governance and Data Quality projects is a plus.
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field. Minimum of 10 years combined experience as a Data Architect and in other data management related roles.
Expert understanding of Data Architecture, Design and Data Management.
Strong experience in both high level conceptual design and detailed project implementation.
Provides consultation on complex challenges and is considered to be a senior level contributor.
Self-starter and ability to proceed with limited direction and oversight; understanding priorities and managing their own work.
Expert in a variety of databases, ETL, and data application concepts, practices, and procedures.
Awareness and understanding of relational and non-relational data stores.
Build, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical models.
Data integration experience including Informatica, SAP PI, Websphere ESB.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relation skills, and the ability to work effectively as a leader in a technical team environment.
Ability to present ideas and updates to senior management.
Role will be split between two capital projects, both of which have a likelihood of additional phases