Horizontal Digital is an experience forward digital consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. We offer unique opportunities as a boutique firm at a global scale, and we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients.
We solve challenging problems through strategy, creativity and execution. Our robust consulting work is built upon going deep to discover insights and breaking new ground, leading to long lasting impacts. The market landscape today demands digital expertise, and we leverage our thought leadership and proficiency in ever growing technologies such as Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. To see us in action, take a look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
We’re built on equal parts empathy and hustle. Savvy and scrappy are two words that describe the type of people we’re looking to hire. Our core values highlight what is important to us in every interaction: Be customer-first, Embrace change, Nurture collaboration, and Work courageously. We are constantly innovating to take revolutionary steps, and source insights from all levels to shape internal culture. While we push to “get things done”, our culture establishes strong leadership support, and an emphasis on work/life harmony.
This role is not remote and will be located in our St. Louis Park, MN office. It will start remote, but will be expected to be local when it is appropriate to return to work. Relocation assistance will be considered.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As the VP of Sales, you will lead the sales team and play a critical role in inspiring them towards new opportunities and enable increased winnability. You will hire, coach, and retain top talent to grow revenue. You'll maintain and develop operational rigor by implementing effective and repeatable sales processes to successfully scale our business. You'll also work closely with a cross-functional team to strategize deal negotiation, identify obstacles and inefficiencies, and implement new sales initiatives to increase organizational efficiency.
What you’ll do:
Sales Operations (40%)
- Define territory plans, pipeline targets and objectives for each team member.
- Define selling team structure and sales approach.
- Apply strategic go-to-market models as well as tactical approaches that result in pipeline acceleration, increased close rates, and revenue growth.
- Define team metrics including revenue forecasts, team budget, and pipeline targets.
- Develop a sales plan by seller including quota, services specialization mix and practice area targets and compensation benchmarked to market compensation standards.
- Implement and ensure adoption of sales processes to attain short-term results and develop a long-term strategy, including territory and account planning, pipeline and opportunity management, contract generation, forecasting, data management, and reporting.
Selling Team Management (40%)
- Collaborate with organizational executive team to set overarching sales objectives and create ongoing rhythm (monthly, quarterly, etc.) for communicating and reporting progress for key metrics.
- Define and implement selling coaching model, GROW (Goal, Reality, Options, Wrap-up) or similar outcome-focused process.
- Lead and motivate the sales team, offering guidance, coaching, and strategy based on your experience within professional services selling and delivery.
Sales/Channel Strategy (20%)
- Big picture – how can the company upsell and cross-sell. Which verticals or industries should we target.
Who you are:
- You have successfully deployed effective sales management processes in new teams to drive growth.
- You are relentlessly focused on hitting the numbers and leading your team. You don’t allow obstacles to deflect or deter you; you are a master of prioritization of your own time and the team’s time. You have the charisma to get people to follow you, but the organizational skills to keep them pulling together towards the right goals.
- You are a team player, you will contribute to the company’s culture, and you are a leader. You have a passion for closing deals and building great customer relationships, taking great pride in seeing the outcome of your skills and efforts have an impact on our clients, our company, and the industry. You aspire to great things and are willing to work to get there.
- You thrive in an environment where multiple ideas are considered and analyzed, decisions are made expeditiously, and execution is seen as the critical success factor.
- You adapt quickly, you love the idea of an ecosystem that is in flux, and in fact, you want to be on the team driving that change.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise level solution sales working with complex services and deal cycles.
- 5+ year of experience leading, managing, mentoring, and growing a solution sales team focused on professional services delivery.
- Experience developing and managing incentive-based compensation plans, revenue forecast models and processes, and aligning sales teams to organizational growth goals.
- Proven ability to deliver predictable sales revenue forecasts and sales methodology for achieving success.
- Sitecore/Salesforce or similar digital platform ecosystem experience required.