*Upon offer, candidates must complete a background and drug test*
You'll support and extend running applications & design and develop new applications. You'll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an agile environment.
A significant part of the job is provisioning test environments, creating and supporting Jenkins builds and other dev-ops items (not as significant for FE Developers). We are also called in to triage issues in Production and QA.
Position Summary/Job Description:
A bulk of the time would actually be doing the developing including Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, Design Sessions. The support of DevOps is an important part of this job. Linux, Jenkins, TomCat, and Chef experience would be valuable.
Skills Overview: What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- At least 10 years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web-oriented architectures
- Developing REST/Spring/Java/Maven applications
- Familiarity with Unix
- Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Infrastructure Automation (Chef, Jenkins)
- Experience with testing frameworks (Junit,Spock,JMeter)