What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment? UnitedHealthcare Motion is a program designed to motivate members to live healthier lives by providing monetary incentives for accomplishing activity goals. You will dig into the complex but rewarding world of IoT, wearables, and cross-platform development, all at massive scale.
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team? If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.) The candidate will be working on the Agile Scrum team – 6 Software Engineers, 1 Scrum Master/Systems Analyst, 1 Solutions Architect, and 1 Product Owner.
• Join a development team to perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing with a focus on C#/.NET Core
• Own the build/deploy/release process and find ways to automate and improve our pipeline at every step
• Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
• Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
• Participate in an Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks
• Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
• Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
• Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
• Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
We are looking for a Software Engineer with the following skills:
• 3+ years of experience building and shipping production software in a scaled distributed environment (preferably in public cloud - AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
• 2+ years of experience with .NET Web Development (.NET Core, C# + HTML/CSS/JS) or similar languages
• Experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases and Docker (Microsoft SQL Server & DynamoDB preferred)
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
• Commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency
What skills/attributes are a must have?
Experience with C#, GIT, Relational Databases
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
Public Cloud Experience
What type of interview process is preferred?
Round 1a: Take home Coding Exercise
Round 1b: MS Teams Video Call behavioral interview with hiring manager
Round 2: MS Teams Video Call technical interview and code review with engineering leads
Round 3: MS Teams Video Call or On Site (technical, culture fit, potential coding interview)