We are actively seeking experienced Java Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
As a Senior Engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technologies such as Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS Ribbon, Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix), Microservice Architectures, AWS, REST, JSON, XML, SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, and PostgreSQL, to name a few.
· Develop applications using enterprise java technology stack and object oriented methodologies.
· Perform as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components including writing code.
· Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
· Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
· Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
· Conduct design & code reviews
· Work with product owners and design teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
· Partner with technology support teams to help resolve production issues in emergency situation
· Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
· Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
· Lead developers in IT projects
· Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
· At least 4 years’ experience with Java Standard and Enterprise Edition
· At least 2 years’ experience with Spring Framework
· At least 2 years experience with API and Rest Web Services
· 3 years’ experience with Spring Framework
· 3 years’ experience with Mocking framework for Unit Testing
· 3 years’ experience with Performance Testing and Tuning with Java
· 3 years’ experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
· 3 years’ experience with Git, Maven and/or Gradle
· 3 years’ experience with Tomcat, Undertow and/or Jetty
· 2 years’ experience with AWS Cloud
· 2 years’ experience with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
· 2 years’ experience with Netflix OSS
· 1 year experience with Agile
· 1 year experience with Jenkins??