Client is seeking a dedicated Instructional Designer to work within the Information Technology Services Department to support design and development.
This position will work in collaboration with faculty from various academic departments to design and develop quality online summer school courses, including course content, assignments, discussion prompts, group work, assessments, and video lectures, following practices established by client.
To qualify for this position the candidate must have demonstrated skill and ability in designing and developing learning materials through the use of digital media, and the ability to consistently apply instructional design principles to learning activities and assessments
Online courses will range in duration from week long residencies to multi week term duration.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, will be able to manage a course development project somewhat independently from start to finish, and will be able to work successfully with inexperienced online instructors.
This person will be collaborating with other university staff in our transition to online course delivery for all summer sessions, and should have an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and experience with all of these above-mentioned processes and related tools as we will be working in a faster than typical manner to convert courses into an online format.
- Collaboratively design online courses and learning experiences focused on the effective use of digital technologies, including the application of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) activities
- Ensure that the course content and instructional strategies meet established learning objectives for accreditation purposes
- Develop instructional materials and support resources for meaningful use of digital/instructional technologies (documentation, training, etc.)
- Manage and participate in team-based project work that involves staff, and colleagues, media consultants, and course builders.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop learning materials through the use of digital media
- Demonstrated expertise assisting faculty members with the effective selection and use of technology in traditional and technology enabled learning environments
- Ability to determine client needs and to communicate with clients in appropriate level of details
- Ability to maintain professionalism in the consulting relationship through advocacy and maintaining appropriate confidentiality, including FERPA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of professional level experience providing instructional design support in an academic setting
- Experience with Canvas
- Experience with other learning management systems, as well as MS Office productivity tools
- Experience with online conferencing (Zoom), online media streaming (Panopto), and online proctoring (Proctorio) software
- Masters degree or higher
- Previous experience in higher education and/or K-12 teaching