Our Digital Labs and Trading teams develop custom software solutions for Company’s trading businesses. We are seeking creative and passionate software engineers with experiences in trade platforms
and/or finance, who are looking for an environment with a core set of values anchored in trust, autonomy and a relentless focus on user experience. This role will work alongside other product developers,
engineers, user experience designers and product management to develop a trading platform.
Culturally, our teams behave like a product development shop, leveraging design and dev-ops first principles in developing software solutions. Strong candidates will have experience
throughout the entire development stack and a broad background in custom software engineering. This individual filling this specific role we be expected to work with other front end developers, back end
engineers, quant developers and the design team to build and integrate the user interface with the backend platform services.
60% Software Development, Engineering and Architecture
• Be creative, be collaborative, be interested, be driven
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system with other developers, designers and engineers.
• Participate in a dynamic development environment where solutions evolve daily as client demands emerge over time.
• Implement modern engineering practices to ensure product quality (e.g., test automation, CI/CD practices), where appropriate.
• Participate in identification of solution options to meet customer and technical requirements
• Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating software engineering best practices, tools and monitoring according to industry best practices.
20% Business Analysis and Partnering
• Regularly interface with architects, analysts, process designers, business SMEs, and users to understand and evaluate business requirements.
20% Community and Leadership
• Where appropriate, be an advocate for sound decision making, in the spirit of empowering your colleagues and team to pursue the best technology choices possible given the constraints we ask you
to operate in.
• Provide leadership to other developers on the team in regards to coordinating development activities and collaboratively designing/engineering the system with other members of the team.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• 8+ years in software development
• Strong experience with cloud services, preferably AWS
• Strong Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery practices (Jenkins, XLDeploy, Drone, etc.)
• Strong experience with microservices architecture
• Strong experience with C# and .Net
• Experience with high performance computing, such as C++
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience with low latency trade execution
• Experience leading other developers in a complex development effort.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills are required to work effectively as part of a globally distributed team and user community
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Experience with API gateways such as Layer 7 and/or Kong
• Experience developing in OpenFin and/or Finsemble
• Experience with FIX protocol
• Experience developing with Electron or Desktop Applications (UWP, QT)
• Experience with NodeJS and Redux: Varying depths of experience in a variety of programming languages, such as Python, Ruby, Grails, Java, etc.
• Undergraduate in the sciences or arts, with training certifications in software development.
• Undergraduate or masters in computer science or related field