This position will:
- Work collaboratively with the subject matter expert/faculty, the instructional designer, and the production team. Maximize the learning experience by planning, designing, and selecting visual elements, and by making editing and production decisions that maximize learner/student engagement.
- Perform project management tasks for course completion, such as planning and overseeing studio and/or field taping sessions, developing schedules, and ensuring that every detail is in place (e.g., final audio, lecture titles, etc.), prior to delivering a finished product to the instructional design team.
- Ensure media reflects the brand requirements and quality thresholds;
- Assist in all aspects of the media creation process in order to meet project deadlines;
- Develop templates, training guides, workflows/processes and job aids to assist with rapid development of instructional media;
- Research, develop and recommend production techniques and other solutions supporting the development of innovative instructional media;
- Maintain relevant knowledge of the latest trends and technologies available for efficient, innovative and effective creation of instructional media;
- Other duties, as assigned.
The person in this position will have expert knowledge and experience in audio and video production techniques, excellent project management, and communication skills.
1. Overall responsibility for execution & delivery of all aspects of pre- and post-production on-time.
a. Establish a collaborative relationship with subject matter expert/faculty from pre- to post-production, in partnership with the instructional designer.
b. Review the subject matter expert/faculty’s script submissions with the instructional designer and make production recommendations to enhance the content experience and boost engagement.
c. Create a pre-production plan by interpreting subject matter expert/faculty outlines and scripts, with an emphasis on research, design, and selection of visual production elements for the course.
d. Communicate with the instructional designer about key milestones and deliverables and collaborate to adjust resources as needed
e. Prepare for studio and/or field taping, including selection of props and studio material selection and advising/coaching subject matter expert/faculty on performance.
f. Oversee the recording process during taping sessions, to ensure presentation of content is stylistically appropriate, on brand and maximizes engagement.
g. Make editorial decisions, in collaboration with the instructional designer, in post- production that enhance engagement and the viewer comprehension of the course material, which can often be intellectually complex and challenging.
h. Design, edit, and proof graphic materials and on-screen text.
i. Ensure delivery of all elements to the instructional designer on or before the due date (completed lectures, final titles, style guide and any bonus materials)
j. Act as producer and editor of course or content as assigned.
2. Define, facilitate and document the media creation workflow
3. Research, develop and recommend production techniques and other solutions supporting the development of innovative instructional media
4. Other duties, as assigned