This position is for an Engineering Section Manager who will lead one of the Engineering Design sections Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) directorate. The Engineering Section Manager will report to the HWI Department Manager. This position is located in Aurora Colorado.
The Engineering Design Section Manager will lead a team of 15-20 Engineers working a variety of development and sustainment tasks ranging from Infrastructure DevOps / Automation teams, Hardware Data Center rack development, power distribution design and COTS selection, system interconnections/cable design & selection, configuration management and related drawings/documentation. As a Front Line Leader (FLL), you will be responsible for working with other Functional Managers to ensure the proper staffing of programs and proposals.
Primary responsibilities of the Engineering Section Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Perform key roles on NWS Programs, such as GPS/JPSS/JWST/EMOS
- Responsible and accountable for leading team in program execution
- Support the performance and career development of all the members of the section, providing open and honest feedback to section members developing talent and ensuring adequate resources to meet the skill-set demands of our programs
- Oversee and provide leadership on all programs within the section - including monthly Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs) and quarterly Estimate At Complete (EAC) reviews
- Serve as the hardware lead for proposal estimation and writing, including Basis of Estimates (certification required)
- Review and approve all proposal activities for new work within the section
- Perform special assignments as required by the Department Manager
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter able to lead by example, possessing strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Required Experience and Skills:
- US Citizenship required due to ability to obtain a DOD Secret (or Higher) security clearance requirement
- 10+ years’ experience in design, documentation and fabrication of DOD programs.
- Broad based hardware engineering background with expert knowledge in one or more of the following:
- COTS Integration
- Datacenter Design
- Hardware Development
- System Interconnection & Integration
- Power Distribution
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting (cost Account Management).
- Demonstrated technical and cost proposal experience with knowledge of bid metrics and costing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Multi-tasking Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team building and mentoring skills
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in Technical Task Management or other Lead role on Medium-Large Development jobs.
- EVMS Level II Certification
- Experience as an IPT or CPT Lead
- Experience successfully managing to cost and schedule requirements for assigned tasks
- Existing US Government Secret security clearance
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Information Technology and 10+ years of related work experience