St. Paul, MN
Sr. Software Engineer x 2
6 months C/CTH
*upon offer, candidates must complete a background and drug screen*
Summary: We are looking for a strong, hands-on Senior Software Engineer with experience working in a small, agile team. We are looking for collaborative and creative associates that thrive in a team environment, creating solutions for challenging customer driven business needs.
• Work on the inception phase of projects, including collecting requirements, suggesting methodologies and technologies, and release planning
• Active researcher, keeping up with the latest trends in software development
• Influence and strengthen agile development culture
• Inspire, mentor, and encourage developers to apply industry's best practices.
• Design and implement a solid API strategy for internal and external customers.
• Design, implement, and support “cloud” based solutions and applications.
You need to have:
• Java 8, Spring
• Strong database skills (SQL and NoSql)
• RESTful web services and API development
• Strong Linux background
• Strong focus on testing (TDD/BDD, unit tests, mocking frameworks)
Ideal candidate would also be familiar with one or more of the following:
• Building highly scalable / reliable applications
• Cloud / AWS
• HP Vertica / Columnar DBs
• Application Security background
• DevOps Knowledge
• Full Stack developer
• Big data / Analytics background
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science
• At least 8 years of developing software using object-oriented design and implementation.
Why you should join us:
You should join us if you like a collaborative yet challenging team environment that directly drives business value for client's customers through creating software and services that globally impact how buildings are turned into competitive advantages based on individual customer’s needs. Creative ideas and working directly with customers are encouraged in an agile development process to exceed our customer’s expectations on usability and functionality.