Sr. UX/UI Designer
This is a full-time, internal corporate position working on the Digital team located in our Addison TX office.
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy that invests in understanding the needs, wants and ambitions of customers through the data they provide — data that is unlocked across every digital experience and engagement. We use this data to meet customers in the right moment, at the right time, on the right channel. And we amplify these moments with precise strategies, technologies and creative approaches to maximize their value. Check out how we customize the experience.
We are experts in solutions powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Since 2003, our ability to drive maximum ROI from our clients’ technology investments via optimized digital experiences across digital touchpoints is unmatched.
In addition, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise that proudly invests in diversity and growth of our in-house talent as well as our local communities through charitable and on-site volunteer efforts.
Horizontal Digital is a division of Horizontal, Inc. headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, MN. Additional U.S. offices are in Denver and Dallas, with a global presence in Dubai; U.A.E.; Bengaluru, Vadodara and Pune, India; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
To continue to support our growing client needs and demands, Horizontal Integration is currently looking for a highly skilled hybrid Sr. UX and UI Designer to join our Digital Agency team to help discover, research and design UX/UI solutions for our customers.
What you will be doing
As a Sr. UX/UI Designer, you will need to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of user-centered design principles and techniques and advocate for them across the organization
- Build a deep level of trust with our clients
- Constantly look for tools and processes that will make us more efficient and elevate our work
- Plan and facilitate research activities (both user and stakeholder) and UX design workshops with stakeholders, build design artifacts necessary to conduct concept testing/usability testing and produces reports
- Be accountable for defining key user interface behaviors through the use of experience models, personas, storyboards, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, simulations, etc. and be comfortable presenting that thinking to our clients
- Translate customer insights into tangible design deliverables within defined timelines. Think beyond boundaries to create design direction
- Develop and maintain user interaction design guidelines as part of our clients’ larger UX design system initiatives.
- Develop and/or use appropriate UX design and evaluation processes and/or efficiency and cost measurements to ensure that any design solution meets or exceeds defined needs and strategies.
- Be willing to be fearless about driving new ideas, and finding simple and powerful ways to communicate them
- Collaborate with other internal disciplines (strategists, UI designers, writers, front-end developers, back-end developers, PMs) throughout our agency, as well as client stakeholders, to deliver innovative and effective user experience solutions to our clients, and ultimately their customers.
What we’d like to see in you
The ideal candidate understands how to be bold and innovative to push the boundaries of digital. You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your approach to the entire UX process, as well as your capabilities. You are passionate about understanding and improving the end-to-end experience. You aren’t afraid to fail and are open to feedback. You are unendingly positive and passionate about the work and make everyone around you better. You are curious, organized, attentive to detail and have excellent communication skills. You're plugged into the local UX community and an active learner in new tactics and seeker of inspiration. You have experience with responsive design and a solid understanding of accessibility. You seek out collaboration and want to grow by being pushed each day to stretch your skills and capabilities.
Your qualifications should be
- Great portfolio of customer experience examples and storytelling, featuring user research activities, audience definition and experience mapping, site/app-mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and functional spec writing
- 5+ years’ experience as a UX professional, skilled in human centered design; able to demonstrate expertise in both information architecture and digital interactive experience design for component driven, responsive web and mobile applications
- Proven experience “owning” projects from start to finish
- Ability to lead UX workshops with team members and clients
- Experience with using research and data to guide your recommendations
- Experience designing complex and/or task-based applications for content-heavy as well as transactional websites
- Proficiency with Sketch. Adobe Creative Cloud experience is a plus
- Experience with presentation/prototyping tools like InVision, Marvel, Axure, Adobe XD, HTML/JS/CSS, or other tools
- Knowledge of the best practices for UX and interaction design for responsive experiences
- An understanding of accessibility design issues
You’ll get extra credit for
- Previous agency experience
- Experience with designing for content management systems (Sitecore, Acquia)
- Agile process experience
- Requirements gathering and analysis experience
- Mobile app design experience