Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have interest in working for a defense contractor? Our client, a large and dynamic organization that provides professional growth and development is seeking a talented Principle Software Architect to join their team!
For immediate consideration, please apply today!
Program Description: The Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) area consists of special access programs which provides ground system development, integration, operations and sustainment. AMS is seeking a talented software engineer to join our team to work on cyber related programs/systems. The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies. Candidates should have ability to work well on a team and independently. The principal software engineer will be a senior team member of a dynamic and multidiscipline development team within the AMS program area.
• Development and implementation of operational cyber mission systems
• Collaborate with other team members to define and analyze different architectural and implementation approaches to fully integrate cyber operations
• Function as both a Subject Matter Expert offering guidance to other team members / mentoring junior engineers and as an individual contributor
• A leader in establishing, communicating and following SW processes and procedures for development, architectural compliance, documentation, external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
• Develop software architecture, preliminary design and detailed design
• Works closely with the systems design team to implement all aspects of the system
• Translate Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and DoDAF artifacts into software designs
• Defining and implementing software prototypes to demonstrate capabilities and burn down risk
• Defining SW tasks & schedules
• Interaction with customers and users effectively and professionally
• Object-oriented Java design, coding and application of architectural design patterns
• Troubleshooting software problems and provide solutions across the development team
• Multi-disciplinary team player
• Proven ability to complete assigned tasks to achieve program milestones
• US Citizen with current/existing TS/SCI with CI poly
• Minimum 8+ years of related software engineering work experience
• Knowledge of all aspects of the cyber exploitation and attack process, to include aspects of vulnerability research techniques and operationalization
• Knowledge of common Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by Advanced Persistent Threats to exploit and attack systems
• Experience with evaluating and detecting attack vectors
• Application of common FOSS and COTS tools for system scanning, exploit detection, etc.
• Integration of cyber mission capabilities within an operational mission system as a means to incorporate cyber operations within a larger mission context
• Strong experience with computer languages such as C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python, XML, Java, and Unix script
• Strong experience with current operating systems such as Windows, CentOS, Red Hat Linux
• Experience with embedded real-time Operating Systems such as Green Hills Integrity
• Experience performing risk assessments, vulnerability analysis, and security assessments
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
• Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customer, IPT leadership, and support organizations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – position will involve the development of white papers and presentations as part of new business activities
• Must be willing and able to travel, as required
• Strong cyber background with in-depth experience and familiarity with full spectrum cyber operations from planning to mission execution and should be knowledgeable about attack strategies from a cyber-perspective and defensive counter operations
• Experience with varying network and computer platforms, preferably with some background in cyber operations with respect to embedded platforms.
• Ability to communicate complex and diverse engineering topics to achieve team consensus
• Experience with Cyber modeling and simulation and analyzing impacts on mission effectiveness
• Familiarity with cyber mission planning, to include applications of JP 5.0 and JP 3.0 to cyber planning and operations
• Development of operational architectures to implement dynamic defense capabilities
• Familiarity with DODAF architecture concepts
• Analysis of operational mission systems to identify, assess, and design security features
• Creation of network diagrams
• Experience with two-factor authentication, network surveillance technology, intrusion detection, endpoint protection, data leakage protection, and encryption solutions and systems
• Mentoring of younger engineers
• Master’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics
• Must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI clearance with poly on day one of employment. Must be cross-over eligible.
*Sign on bonus for hires with a current/active TS/SCI Clearance!