*background check required
This position provides technical support to new product development and standard product support engineering activities, serving as an expert on engineering drafting practices and document control. This individual will be a key member Sleep Number’s strategic execution of product development, championing great design and problem-solving skills in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience.
• Fully utilize Pro/ENGINEER / Creo to create new CAD models of complex components and assemblies, and detailed mechanical and electrical drawings.
• Ensures compliance with design requirements, tolerances, and specifications.
• Execute engineering change orders in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
• Evaluates tolerance stackups to insure proper fit of components and proper application of GD&T techniques
• Work directly with manufacturing and outside supplier personnel to address design for manufacturability and assembly (DFM/DFA) issues.
• Prototype designs using inside and/or outside resources.
• Mechanical Drafting, Design, and Engineering Technology two-year technical degree or equivalent.
• 4+ years of experience in a drafting level position.
• Two or more successful product launches.
• Proficiency in mechanical design drafting practices, including full compliance with ASME Standard Y14.5 – 2009 and relevant GD&T standards.
• Good Pro/ENGINEER / Creo knowledge and skills.
• Good knowledge of Windchill PDMLink is desirable.
• Proficiency in performing mechanical engineering calculations is a plus.
• Proficiency in design for plastic injection molding, 3D printing, and sheet metal fabrication is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to select appropriate materials and manufacturing processes.