Podcasts, podcasts, podcasts. We all listen to them. Some of us may host one. And, by now, you’ve definitely been annoyed by a friend who swears you should subscribe to that one super niche true crime podcast that will “change your life forever.” Side note, Kyle, it didn’t change my life forever. I’m the exact same, but it did kill a 6-hour drive back home a few weeks ago … so thanks.
While you may have a long list of true crime content to listen to, the same may not be true when it comes to podcasts that directly relate to so many of us: jobs. That’s why we have curated a list of business, staffing and economic podcasts leaders here at Horizontal are listening to (and some other fun ones):
Nick Bata, Sales Director:
- Economic conditions and forecasts:
- Just for fun (both cover a lot of technology, too):
Heidi Chapeau, Director of Global Talent Marketing:
- “I listen to the Chad and Cheese podcast to get the most up to date information on HR tech, trends and general information on what is going on in the industry. It has a fun format and is educational while also filling you in on the hiring market and HR.”
- “The Daily from New York Times is a great casual, keep you up on the news type podcast.”
Kevin Erickson, Regional Vice President:
- “I’m hot on Business Wars. I love to hear the stories of organizations growing and the different ups and downs they have experienced.”
Jeremey Langevin, Co-Founder and EVP:
- “I love A Bit of Optimism by Simon Sinek, because who doesn’t need more optimism in their life!”
- “Also, the 10-Minute Talent Show by HZTL Talent, because they know the Talent industry better than anyone!”
Emily Rickson, Director of Talent:
- “A few podcasts that I currently listen to…”
- “Another good one to listen to is Episode 102 of No Stupid Questions: What’s So Bad About Nepotism?”
Some podcasts to listen to regarding diversity and inclusion include Code Switch, Woman’s Hour, The Will to Change, Making Gay History and Backstory. If you want a quick staffing podcast, our own 10-Minute Talent Show provides useful tips, market updates and tactics regarding the staffing industry.
So, there you go, Kyle. We see your true crime podcast suggestion and raise you everything on this blog.
*Kyle is a fictional character, and we apologize if we offended anyone named Kyle who happens to have true crime podcast recommendations. We’re sure those recommendations are awesome.